Mag Throttle Cruise control/Throttle lock.

rcket3

.020 Over
Ride
2016 Triumph Rocket 3 touring.
Hi all I have done a search but couldn't find anything.
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Mag Throttle cruise control/throttle lock.
I am looking at it for my 2016 R3T
All the info is at Mag Throttle Store
Seems like a good idea but I just have some concerns as to whether I will be able to remove the standard grip from the throttle tube for re-use.
Is a bit on the pricey side but seems the safest option for a throttle lock I have seen yet. Can also be linked to the clutch as well as the brake.
Their customer service seems pretty good as I have placed an order but they have contacted me before filling it to point out that the grip can be an issue on some bikes.

Hi all I have done a search but couldn't find anything.
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Mag Throttle cruise control/throttle lock.
I am looking at it for my 2016 R3T
All the info is at Mag Throttle Store
Seems like a good idea but I just have some concerns as to whether I will be able to remove the standard grip from the throttle tube for re-use.
Is a bit on the pricey side but seems the safest option for a throttle lock I have seen yet. Can also be linked to the clutch as well as the brake.
Their customer service seems pretty good as I have placed an order but they have contacted me before filling it to point out that the grip can be an issue on some bikes.

G Day rcket3

Go the full electronic with the little bar above or below your left hand switches have a look on MCCRUISE or phone 03 08082804 .
They are the ducks nuts.
I tried other and this one is the same in ya car , it stays on the speed you set when ya go up the hills and down.
And turns off when you touch any of the brakes and has other settings .
I do a lot of km and got it 2 years ago and should of done it ages ago instead of other ones

Gday all.
Had a closer look at the grips and reckon they are two piece but like Barbagris says if needs be I can just buy some new grips.

Rev Ross I have ordered the unit and it is on it's way so will let you know how I go.

Rocket HP I thought I had made a blue ordering the mag unit when I saw your post and went to the McCruise site. Looks like a great unit but I felt a bit better when I checked the price as is outside my price range. I guess you get what you pay for,
I would like he bells and whistles but the Mag throttle looks like a good coimpromise.

Will update once it arrives and is fitted.

@rcket3
I was very intrigued after watching the videos.
I have never seen this type of unit before.
The 30 day money back is good only if you do not mount it on your motorcycle.
I went ahead and ordered the unit and shall check it over carefully when it arrives. I don't foresee any issues and most likely will mount it onto my R3R.
Gratitude for the tip!

I went ahead and ordered the unit and shall check it over carefully when it arrives. I don't foresee any issues and most likely will mount it onto my R3R.
Gratitude for the tip!
One awaits feedback. But can we please do the fitment quicker than it took to fit the adaptives? :p

This is a cool accessory but I’m a bit confused. Is this a throttle lock or cruise control or both? I think I understand the throttle lock mechanism but cannot see how it can vary engine speed/rpms to maintain constant speed.

Back