Madstad Windshield

SJC

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Has anyone tried a Madstad windshield on the roadster? I saw an old thread with this same question, but not much feedback. They have a fly screen with quick release brackets for 169, and additional windshields for about 140. They are pretty popular in the dual sport world.

I have them and like them. Use the fly screen for around town and when it is hotter out. Use the bigger shield when its cooler or for highway rides. If its cold out or you just want minimal turbulence the put on the lowers also. Not cheap but what accessories are.
rocket 3 with madstad flyscreen.jpg
r3 dec 19.jpg
r3 feb 2, 2020.jpg

I have them and like them. Use the fly screen for around town and when it is hotter out. Use the bigger shield when its cooler or for highway rides. If its cold out or you just want minimal turbulence the put on the lowers also. Not cheap but what accessories are.
rocket 3 with madstad flyscreen.jpg
r3 dec 19.jpg
r3 feb 2, 2020.jpg
Great feedback, thanks. Did you go with their recommended height for the touring windshield? No buffeting issues?

I did go with their recommended height and it is just right for me, do not want lower or higher. I don't like looking through a windscreen.

I did go with their recommended height and it is just right for me, do not want lower or higher. I don't like looking through a windscreen.
Did you get any increase in turbulence with their windshield? Man I hate buffeting.

Just curious here . . .
I'd really like to know just how they determine "recommended height"???

Just curious here . . .
I'd really like to know just how they determine "recommended height"???

u have to measure from the top of the seat to your eye balls and subtract 2 inches depending on what front tire is on the bike. :roll: :roll:

i gave u the wrong measurement
simple just measure balls to balls and subtract 1 inch :roll: :roll:

Did you get any increase in turbulence with their windshield? Man I hate buffeting.
Increase in turbulence? I did not have anything on the bike before so turbulence went down (not to be a smart ass). I have found that any windscreen without lowers only does so much. The lowers keep a lot of wind off that otherwise flows in and gets you. Highway speed with the road screen on yes you get some but not bad and actually in the summer it is what I want the rocket is not a cool bike to ride when it is hot out. Put the lowers on and hardly any turbulence but they do look a little stupid or just not the greatest look. The fly screen you will get a lot of wind in your upper chest and head but it will keep you from feeling like you are getting pulled off of the bike. If it is super cold 25f or less for riding I get in my car as there is no turbulence unless the windows are down.

Back