lower seat height. floor boards/heal shifter

Roadsters footpeg rails hang lower that Standard/ Classic models. Front of the footpeg rail is the first spot to touchdown when cornering .. has caused a couple of Owners to tumble. Just so you know before lowering the shocks etc. As Canberra said passenger will drop the rear .. fat gurl make better pillion in your situation :)

Roadsters footpeg rails hang lower that Standard/ Classic models. Front of the footpeg rail is the first spot to touchdown when cornering .. has caused a couple of Owners to tumble. Just so you know before lowering the shocks etc. As Canberra said passenger will drop the rear .. fat gurl make better pillion in your situation :)

TC,
Thanks for the poop. I did not know this as I've never had/ridden a classic or standard.
Is this a for sure fact? If so, do you know the ground to peg differences?

Definitely lower on the Roadsters , especially at the front of the foot peg rail itself. I'd only be guessing but it looks like two inches. Sure someone clever will be able to post a pic of both set-ups.

TC,
Thanks for the poop. I did not know this as I've never had/ridden a classic or standard.
Is this a for sure fact? If so, do you know the ground to peg differences?

It was one of things Triumph made a big fuss about the with the Roadster. Look at the 2 pics. One is Bruce's Roadster, the other is mine. Shows the differences pretty clearly.

Roadster rail.jpg
IMG_1257.JPG

WOW! Those pix explain it pretty well, I'd say.
Based on the relative peg locations to the case half seam, I reckon it is 2 inches.
Thanks a lot for doing that - it was helpful to me.

You must have a couple of wee legs, to go from 29" to 26" is a massive drop on a bike, I have a 30"inseam and asked corbin to shave a 1/2"from my seat plus I put the 11.5" shocks on.
Maybe the bike is to big for you? if you cannot get both feet flat on the ground it is toooo big.
I have the young gun on my bike it has been on for the last eight years, good seat nice and hard as a motorbike seat should be.
If they can shave some off the width that would help a lot, the rocket seats are wide.

And the peg feeler worn away on mine. Easy to see the how the front corner of the peg rail can cause a problem. I've never touched this side but the left side was about half worn away on the bend when I pushed it past the limit. I prefer lefthand corners don't know why only ever had 2 crashes from not enough ground clearance both on lefthand corners.

Back