lower seat height. floor boards/heal shifter

sds

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R3R,
I just purchased a 2014 roadster. I would like to get the seat height down to 26" or so.
I also would like floor boards and a heal shifter.
I have two vtx bikes and can stand flat on both one is a 1300 the other 1800.
Has anyone had the same issue, and had it taken care of?

sds,
There is plenty written here about moving/replacing the pegs on the Roadster.
No direct bolt up swap is available. Some fabricating and welding work is necessary, especially pertaining to the ABS.
I think if you removed the seat and sat on the frame the saddle height would yet exceed 26 inches! :laugh:
She NOT be a Harley!

I just purchased a 2014 roadster. I would like to get the seat height down to 26" or so.
I also would like floor boards and a heal shifter.
I have two vtx bikes and can stand flat on both one is a 1300 the other 1800.
Has anyone had the same issue, and had it taken care of?
Shorter shocks and long haul tour seat is about it...

Not trying to compare r3 to any other bike. Just trying to get seat low enough that I would feel comfortable stopping with a passenger on the back.
Thanks

You could also buy one inch shorter shocks, I believe there are 12.5 inches worth on the R3R (there are on the Touring I have, at least). Go to 11.5 and you've dropped an inch, but probably compromised ride quality somewhat. Though, if you get something like Progressive 444 (HD) the quality upgrade on the shocks may make it a wash.

Or else trade in the R3R and buy an R3 Touring, that has floor boards, heel-toe shifter and half an inch closer to the ground. ;)

But seriously - the R3R sits at 30 inches though, shaving off four inches is probably not going to happen, but with the shaved Maverick seat mentioned above and an inch shorter rear shock you should be lower. What it does to ride quality I can't say, probably makes it more stable but also harder work to wrestle down in the curves with a comparatively taller front.

Though if you wanted to take a passenger, the Maverick seat won't do you much good... Edit: apparently it's compatible with a passenger seat so it would still do you some good.

Last edited:
there is a set of floorboards for sale on ebay off an o6 classic for 207 $ at pinwheel cycle i do not know if they will fit the newer models . you can do some checking and see if the floorboard will fit off the touring not just the floorboards the rails that they mount to if the rails mount in the same place front to the motor rear to the frame and have the same bolt spacing they should fit you will have to use the shift linkage and master cylinder of of the touring and maybe a custom brake line get a touring and a roadster side by side and check it out i do not know if this can be done but i hope it helps

Not trying to compare r3 to any other bike. Just trying to get seat low enough that I would feel comfortable stopping with a passenger on the back.
Thanks

Well you sort of did - you said you wanted it the same as your 2 Hondas. The Rocket is simply a taller bike than other cruisers. You could try scooping out your seat and/or getting lower shocks. Another thing you could try is a smaller front tyre (you have no real options for that on the rear although you might be able to stretch a 200 on there. Wouldn't look too good though). Some people have put a 140 or even a 130 on the front. Be aware though that you will reduce your lean angle and risk the front of the peg rail touching down in corners. If your biggest worry is for when you're 2 up, having a passenger on the back will drop it down an inch anyway.

Well you sort of did - you said you wanted it the same as your 2 Hondas. The Rocket is simply a taller bike than other cruisers. You could try scooping out your seat and/or getting lower shocks. Another thing you could try is a smaller front tyre (you have no real options for that on the rear although you might be able to stretch a 200 on there. Wouldn't look too good though). Some people have put a 140 or even a 130 on the front. Be aware though that you will reduce your lean angle and risk the front of the peg rail touching down in corners. If your biggest worry is for when you're 2 up, having a passenger on the back will drop it down an inch anyway.

140 no clearance problems
130 possible problems if severely cornering

Thanks much for all the input. I spoke with Corbin today, the say they can modify a seat to make it less wide and shorter. Sounds likethis may be a ssolution.
Has anyone got a young gun or fast gun seat on their r3?

Back