Lost back brakes

This is all very interesting.
I've had exactly the same problem with the front brakes for years, bleed them, they're good for a while then lever back to the bars again, repeat ... repeat etc.
Some one said fit two individual front brake lines, did that, no difference.
Stripped and cleaned the entire system, no difference.
Just last weekend I re kitted the front master cylinder, waiting to see if that makes any difference.

Also have bought a second hand front master cylinder, just to see if swapping that makes any difference.

Am holding Sonny's thought about the bleeder screws ......

I've had exactly the same problem with the front brakes for years, bleed them, they're good for a while then lever back to the bars again, repeat ... repeat etc.
Just last weekend I re kitted the front master cylinder, waiting to see if that makes any difference.

Also have bought a second hand front master cylinder, just to see if swapping that makes any difference.

Paul, let me know the results - I have the self same problem! Front brakes go very spongy after 6 weeks or so, bleed..fine! and 6 weeks later..

Has anyone tried to replace the front rotors buttons? A set of new EBC rotors is $200 but, I wonder if I can rebuild the originals for $50.

Might also consider reverse bleeding.
Works well for me and much easier eliminating air in system.

Use some tyre levers, or similar, to pry the pads apart, then pump them back again with the brake lever. Repeat on other side. All will be good and hard again.

Back