Light question (2015 R3)

MrKrauss

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 R3 w/ABS
Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask you folks something real quick. I am not happy with the light output of my R3. I believe it has got OE bulbs, yet I am not 100% positive. Anyways, I wanted to replace both lights with the Daymakers (or Daymaker-style) LED lights. I haven't decided, whether Daymakers are worth the money they cost, but on the other hand, I do not want the electrical system to go mad because of difference in resistance. That's pretty much the reason, why I decided to post here and ask what you think of this.
At the moment I consider these 2 options for myself:
1. Daymaker style lights for motorcycles;
2. Real HD Daymakers.
Thoughts? What would you do if you were me?
Appreciate any help.

Indeed!
JWS Daymakers are excellent headlights and better than most everything out there - except - the newer JWS Adaptive and Adaptive 2.
I have ran all three and thoroughly tested the Daymakers, which BTW out performed my partner's new Lexus!

Tis a darn shame, but your OEM headlights are criminal, they are so inadequate!
Change them out ASAP with the best you can afford.

Last edited:
JW Speaker Adaptives - If you ride at night with any frequency.
BUT BE WARNED - Once you have ridden with Adaptives you will curse every time to ride at night on anything without them.
The improvement at night is not MORE light everywhere - but more light where it is needed.
At first you are a bit surprised then quickly get used to having light to ride by. But when it's not there - oh boy!
So much so I now would only buy a bike that had them OEM or had stock PAR56 (7") or PAR46(5&3/4") headlight bowls to allow upgrading - REALLY!.

If you just want more light generally and seldom ride at night - then frankly it makes little difference.

The OEM lights are a poor design optically - End of story.

Thanks for replying, folks.
The OEM lights are a poor design optically - End of story.
Tis a darn shame, but your OEM headlights are criminal, they are so inadequate!
Change them out ASAP with the best you can afford.
This is true, folks. First I thought the previous owner just installed crappy bulbs into the lights, but when I started reading about this, it appeared that the problem is about the stock assemblies, so I decided to replace the whole headlights to forget these OE lights. If you are saying the Daymakers are worth the money, I guess I will order 2 for my ride. Anyways, the R3 ain't a cheap thing either...
Appreciate your replies and input!
Cheers.

I have had the Harley genuine daymakers for 5 years now and pleased with them but they were expensive. It took some time to get them adjusted right. Adjusted right makes all the difference.

Thanks for replying, folks.

This is true, folks. First I thought the previous owner just installed crappy bulbs into the lights, but when I started reading about this, it appeared that the problem is about the stock assemblies, so I decided to replace the whole headlights to forget these OE lights. If you are saying the Daymakers are worth the money, I guess I will order 2 for my ride. Anyways, the R3 ain't a cheap thing either...
Appreciate your replies and input!
Cheers.

Do give the new Adaptive2 a good look as well.

Back