Lifted the front end of ground this morning.

First time the front end lifted on me I thought I was going to crash. Just finished a turn and was mostly stood back up, gunned it and the front lifted off and the rear tire started to skid to the side. That was mere minutes after I put the roadster delimited tune on my touring. Not sure if I did the ramair yet, but I had the 3-to-1 muffler on.

I know some people may have just had the front suspension unload, but you can feel it in the bars when the front wheen loses traction. And if you're unskilled at wheelies like me, you can feel when the front wheel come back down. My left pannier guard is still bent from comin' down too hard from an accidental wheelie.

First time the front end lifted on me I thought I was going to crash. Just finished a turn and was mostly stood back up, gunned it and the front lifted off and the rear tire started to skid to the side. That was mere minutes after I put the roadster delimited tune on my touring. Not sure if I did the ramair yet, but I had the 3-to-1 muffler on.

I know some people may have just had the front suspension unload, but you can feel it in the bars when the front wheen loses traction. And if you're unskilled at wheelies like me, you can feel when the front wheel come back down. My left pannier guard is still bent from comin' down too hard from an accidental wheelie.

I didn't realize it until I got the Rocket, but I pull a bit on the left grip.:eek:
And yeah, you know it when the tire isn't held straight by traction.

Never tried getting a lot of air, but definitely left the ground.:thumbsup:

I will never forget the first time i lit her up. Sitting at a intersection in Glenpool Oklahoma at a red light. we had a fixed up Chevy pick up revving its motor. Guy looked over and flipped me the bird. Smiled and revved it. Light turned green and dropped the clutch. Front end came straight up. Balls went straight down. Rode the 60 degree wheelie all the way through the intersection. Shifted and it came right back up again. Dam% near shi^ my pants. Never let on just rode her out. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: After a bit of practice and a new clutch got it down to a art. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Man, that sounds fun! I'd love to learn how to wheelie the Rocket and shift up to keep the front end up. I own the perfect bike to do that, but too chicken of looping out

Attachments

• 20180403_151158.jpg
    20180403_151158.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 0
Man, that sounds fun! I'd love to learn how to wheelie the Rocket and shift up to keep the front end up. I own the perfect bike to do that, but too chicken of looping out

There are actually schools that teach this . . . FWIW.

Nothing wrong with the Harleys, the Triumph Rocket is just a different and faster bike. My old Harley, 92 softail with 130k, is still sitting in the garage, dirty as it was in 2011 when I bought the 10 touring. I like the Rocket

Attachments

• 194B2D72-D8E8-4F9A-A70F-F0892CBA1CB6.jpeg
    194B2D72-D8E8-4F9A-A70F-F0892CBA1CB6.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
Truck is totaled. Had water in the oil of both bikes. Lots of flushing with diesel, then running some cheap oil and Marvel Mystery Oil for a final flush and run before adding good oil has both bikes running.
Still need a right peg for the Roadster.

hey bro don't forget to change the final drive lube.
glad your bikes made it.

Back