Just FYI you don't want to take I-10 between the Brazos River and Brookshire. Construction, only two lanes each way, concrete barriers and no emergency lane. One alternative would be to get off 36 @ 331, take 529 back to 99. Second alternative, 36 to I-10 hop off at 1458, go North and get back on I-10 at Brookshire. You'll still have some construction, but no much.

FM 1458 - Racer Road
Racer Road in Texas | Texas Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

Just FYI you don't want to take I-10 between the Brazos River and Brookshire. Construction, only two lanes each way, concrete barriers and no emergency lane. One alternative would be to get off 36 @ 331, take 529 back to 99. Second alternative, 36 to I-10 hop off at 1458, go North and get back on I-10 at Brookshire. You'll still have some construction, but no much.

FM 1458 - Racer Road
Racer Road in Texas | Texas Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

Thanks for the tip. Come and ride with us. We will probably go out Sunday too. Ill take 290 back. Hate it because the traffic and intersections are new and wide and people are crazy. Will probably just pay the 8 toll way back to 45 South.

We can head east out of Sealy on 10, turn north on 1458 to 359 and split there. Theresa and I head north and you can head south to finish out the day

Nice ride today. A little rain, new curvy roads in the shallow hills surrounding Brenham. Some very nice ranches with custom homes with cattle, horse and all. OOhhh Texas is beautiful. The flower are popping up. Blue, orange, yellow, white, read. A sight to see. If you have never seen this, get going.

Probably will ride some more tomorrow. 59 to Moscow, east on 62 to Votaw and the racetrack.

Was a great day. Theresa said we did around 300 miles. I forgot to reset my trip meter, luckily she did hers.

Not bad. 500 more and we'll be half way to Jacksonville. Good trainer for MV. I might have to take the Valkye to MV. Ill see if the small front tire makes the Rocket more like the Valkye with a lot more power.

Check in in the AM to see if we can ride.

Did you trade the triple for another KTM?

We need two light bikes with stubby tires to go onto dirt roads. Teresa can chase us on the CanAm. It will be dusty but fun. There is a lot of that on the flats and even more on the lower hills. I like the KLR 750. My budget is 3K. Maaany bikes in that category. Can you load the CanAm and a small bike on your trailer? We can pull and have even more reach.

Back