Ride to South Padre Island.

Sounds GREAT, but logistically too soon for me, being so close to our recent FINE 3 sisters ride.
BTW - is there such a thing as a decent ride along the Rio Grande from there to El Paso?

SPI to El Paso is well over 800 miles. Don't know about the first half of that trip. From the middle on you have many choices. Hwy 90 thru Marfa, Fort Davis, Marathon nice scenery lots of curves. A must ride is River Road (Hwy 170 I think?) out of Big Ben National Park following the Rio Grande to Presidio. So many good roads in this area you may never make it to El Paso.

SPI to El Paso is well over 800 miles. Don't know about the first half of that trip. From the middle on you have many choices. Hwy 90 thru Marfa, Fort Davis, Marathon nice scenery lots of curves. A must ride is River Road (Hwy 170 I think?) out of Big Ben National Park following the Rio Grande to Presidio. So many good roads in this area you may never make it to El Paso.

Oh my...... Now your on to something Andy!

Sounds great - 800 mi is a piece of cake, only and easy 2 day ride.
Now I must research this possible spring ride.
If Oct is good & dry for a fall ride, how about April or May for the spring?

How about this?
Only 2800 miles - EACH WAY for me.
That's a good route.

PS: Can one ride along the island from South Padre Is to Galveston?
in
Going off my bad memory. You can ride the islands to Mustang Island then back to the mainland and along the coast to Galveston. Scenery is lots of beach houses, mostly straight roads, smooth pavement. Few amenities in some parts but within fuel range.

Back