It's it too cold to ride in Texas?

40mmrrsmith

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
I rode home today and saw icy road warnings on the news. I just passed through two of the areas they were talking about. I didn't see any ice or sleet. Maybe I outran it. One was Clear Lake. 1K9, are you snowed in? Ice or three feet of snow, it's all same if I cant ride. Looks like I'll have to put the bike up for winter.:)

Last edited:
I rode home today and saw icy road warnings on the news. I just passed through two of the areas they were talking about. I didn't see any ice or sleet. Maybe I outran it. One was Clear Lake. 1K9, are you snowed in? Ice or three feet of snow, it's all same if I cant ride. Looks like I'll have to put the bike up for winter.:)

Well, we had some sleet this morning and it's been cool. Ran out of Rum so I might have to go to the store tomorrow. If you wana ride call me, Ill go, not to far though. Give your Pam a big hug for me please.

Well, we had some sleet this morning and it's been cool. Ran out of Rum so I might have to go to the store tomorrow. If you wana ride call me, Ill go, not to far though. Give your Pam a big hug for me please.
I just rode through some of the areas where they were reporting ice on the news. I was doing eighty most of the way. I couldn't figure out why I didn't see any of this or crash. After I posted this thread the the news anchors came back and corrected themselves. It was the sand the city spread on the roads that morning. At least they're consistent :)

There is a little ice this morning.Some of the bridges are closed. So we'll catch later. Got two tires coming, first time I've ever had to replace both at the same time. When I get them installed then we can hook up and wear em out again.

Back