Since I bought mine, its done nothing but snow, rain and freezin weather.
Have not had the chance to really ride, got a whole 32 miles on it.
Im really second guessing my purchase now. All these issues and lack of dealer support. Since I bought mine the local dealer layed off all the parts guys and most of the service dept.
I ordered a gasket to hook up my new exhaust a week before I ordered the exhaust. They made the exhaust, shipped it from tasmania to me in the U.S. and I recieved it 2 weeks ago. Still no gasket going on 6 weeks now from Triumph.
Really thinking that I may trade it off before any issues arise and im stuck dealing with the lack of support.
The Harley FatBob has been calling my name for years now.

Who and where did your custom exhaust come from in Tasmania, the Southern island State of Australia

Last edited:
Verex exhaust.

Attachments

• 20221220_172107.jpg
    20221220_172107.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 23
Since I bought mine, its done nothing but snow, rain and freezin weather.
Have not had the chance to really ride, got a whole 32 miles on it.
Im really second guessing my purchase now. All these issues and lack of dealer support. Since I bought mine the local dealer layed off all the parts guys and most of the service dept.
I ordered a gasket to hook up my new exhaust a week before I ordered the exhaust. They made the exhaust, shipped it from tasmania to me in the U.S. and I recieved it 2 weeks ago. Still no gasket going on 6 weeks now from Triumph.
Really thinking that I may trade it off before any issues arise and im stuck dealing with the lack of support.
The Harley FatBob has been calling my name for years now.
I guess I'll dump this pos on some one and get another Harley myself. A 114 Fat Boy or Street Bob would be a lot more reliable than this ride and repair rocket junk.

Had a dealer looking after my pajero 3.0v6 they made the car into an undrivable piece of crap after a euro 1000,- repair and told me that it was good for scraps. Really liked the car so had it sitting in the driveway for over a year thinking about what to do with it. Fellow came along asking if he could buy it, price was to high for him but he told me to check the spark plugs.

Found a workshop manual online and decided to see if i could do something about the car myself. Being the first ever try at something like this (other then a bicycle :) ) That was 100k km ago, still drive it. Checked all old invoices and found several mistakes in what they did to the car.

That was the last time any dealer touches a car or bike i own. Rather spend the money to buy tools and manuals and ask on forums like this then ever let them touch it again.
yes, I support buying tools and work by yourself rather than going to dealer but there is a catch,
Almost everything in new bikes rocket, hayabusa etc is programmed and serialized.

In Rockets everything must be programmed by Triumph dealer software which was a computer software up until 2020 named as TRITUN diagnostic software( i have it in my computer but it wont open anymore because its killed by triumph), you could do everything with that software but after 2020 they removed tritun software for computer, now Triumph diagnostic tool is online

you open a triumph website, login as dealer and diagnose, repair the bike from that website. I havent seen it in person but I spoke to dealer tech after tritun stopped working.

We can put quickshift, heated grips, change ABS modulator, by our-self, we can do labor work to install it but then dealer must program it so goes for rocket dash etc. etc.

There is not much we can do other than mechanical stuff on newer bikes unfortunately,

We are lucky to have rocket workshop manual out there else it would be a big mess working on this bike mechanically.

More features = more electronics = more point of failures.
Its a like a sweet poison, we dont want it but we want it.

@stingray Did you give a call to Triumph NorthAmerican Headquarter? not email, they never reply back.

My new Rocket 3GT is the worst purchase of a new vehicle I have ever made. It was defective from day 1 and Triumph continues to ignore me or the problems on these newer models. Any one else getting this same response from their dealer and Triumph? Let's speak up and get something done before Triumph rips off more consumers.
Hi m8, Also having issues from day 1 with mine. Different issues than you, yet the dealer was able to fix only those widely known (like malfunctioning directional lights etc), however there are some issues they don't even admit as issues, saying "there's no such issue with your bike" type of stuff...
No lemon law in my country, so I have to sort it out differently. Already have a plan, just waiting for the weather to get better and I'm on it.
I'm not that kind of person who gives up and sell the bike or something like that.
Best of luck to you, hope that you get your issues solved, fingers crossed ;-)

In partial defence of dealers.....

Two issues affecting dealers are that firstly, they receive a very low rate of remuneration for warranty work, and secondly, they receive NO remuneration at all for their time and work in diagnosing a problem. If they spend hours chasing down a problem, another hour preparing the report to the factory, then ten minutes fixing it, they are paid for the ten minutes, and at a low rate.

So dealers are "expected" to know instantly what is wrong with a vehicle. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.... and never will. And believe me, the "technicians" at the factory are mostly just as much in the dark.

The combination of this and the factory attitude creates the almost universal trouble with warranty difficulty with ALL vehicles.

If you read your warranty carefully, you will probably find that the definition of warranty is "the replacement of faulty parts."

Think about that.

So it can easily boil down to how much time and expense the dealer is prepared to donate to (a) his customer and (b) the factory.

Been there, done that... 25 years of it.
State by state laws determine how much is paid by the vehicle manufacturer on warranty. For instance, Maine requires the mfg to pay FULL shop rate, not some negotiated, lesser, "burden rate."

Last edited:
7 weeks now waiting on a exhaust donut, and I cant even get a answer on when, why or if I will get it.
I hate to think what it would be like if I needed a major part. Its a shame how they are treating customers. Once the new model bikes come out this year I will see whats available and decide if im willing to risk keeping mine any longer.

Last edited:
Back