stingray

Nitrous
Ride
'21Rocket 3GT, '17 KTM 1290 SDGT, '04 Goldwing
My new Rocket 3GT is the worst purchase of a new vehicle I have ever made. It was defective from day 1 and Triumph continues to ignore me or the problems on these newer models. Any one else getting this same response from their dealer and Triumph? Let's speak up and get something done before Triumph rips off more consumers.

IMU, ABS, ECU issues in addition to the regular mirror cracks, soft brakes, and premature corrosion. Reading the Texas Lemon Laws mine seems to be the poster child from Triumph. It's been in the shop for 3 months of the 9 I've owned it. Now, they seem to be ignoring any attempts to address the issues.

I sure hope they handle it for you, customer service really has gone away from to many dealerships.

Is it brand new (1st owner)?
Can you reject it for a full refund or direct replacement?

Sorry to hear about the grief your having.
I've also experienced the most amount of "character" from my 1st ever non Japanese bike but thankfully, both the Dealer & Triumph here have been absolutely on point sorting everything quickly & without a fuss.

In partial defence of dealers.....

Two issues affecting dealers are that firstly, they receive a very low rate of remuneration for warranty work, and secondly, they receive NO remuneration at all for their time and work in diagnosing a problem. If they spend hours chasing down a problem, another hour preparing the report to the factory, then ten minutes fixing it, they are paid for the ten minutes, and at a low rate.

So dealers are "expected" to know instantly what is wrong with a vehicle. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.... and never will. And believe me, the "technicians" at the factory are mostly just as much in the dark.

The combination of this and the factory attitude creates the almost universal trouble with warranty difficulty with ALL vehicles.

If you read your warranty carefully, you will probably find that the definition of warranty is "the replacement of faulty parts."

Think about that.

So it can easily boil down to how much time and expense the dealer is prepared to donate to (a) his customer and (b) the factory.

Been there, done that... 25 years of it.

My new Rocket 3GT is the worst purchase of a new vehicle I have ever made. It was defective from day 1 and Triumph continues to ignore me or the problems on these newer models. Any one else getting this same response from their dealer and Triumph? Let's speak up and get something done before Triumph rips off more consumers.
PM me for details of my experience regarding my previous Rocket and consumer law in Texas.

In partial defence of dealers.....

Two issues affecting dealers are that firstly, they receive a very low rate of remuneration for warranty work, and secondly, they receive NO remuneration at all for their time and work in diagnosing a problem. If they spend hours chasing down a problem, another hour preparing the report to the factory, then ten minutes fixing it, they are paid for the ten minutes, and at a low rate.

So dealers are "expected" to know instantly what is wrong with a vehicle. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.... and never will. And believe me, the "technicians" at the factory are mostly just as much in the dark.

The combination of this and the factory attitude creates the almost universal trouble with warranty difficulty with ALL vehicles.

If you read your warranty carefully, you will probably find that the definition of warranty is "the replacement of faulty parts."

Think about that.

So it can easily boil down to how much time and expense the dealer is prepared to donate to (a) his customer and (b) the factory.

Been there, done that... 25 years of it.
The problem is obvious, (codes, CIL, etc...) they don't seem to want to repair it. Kick the can down the road...

Back