LED & Signalminder

garyculb

.020 Over
LED & Signalminder
Have a Kisan Signalminder. It works OK. Decided to add LED lights to the turn signals. Big mistake. Now front turn signals are dim but functional. Back turn signals do not work at all. Contacted Andy in Tech Support at Kisan;

“The turn signal indicator which flashes on the dash to tell you that the turn signals are on is the culprit. Since your bike has only one indicator for both sides, it will be out-of-balance with the LEDs. There's a tiny push-in bulb under the dash indicator, remove it.”
&
“If you change the load by going to LED bulbs, you will have "crossover" from the single dash indicator.

1) Remove the small wedge bulb from the dash indicator, so that there's no path for the crossover.
2) Note which bulb you have #73 or #914, and call us.
3) We will mail you an LED equivalent that should stop the crossover.”

RPM gauge is the only place where a light that indicates the turn signals are functioning is located on the Rocket III. I took the RPM gauge completely apart but, it appears that the RPM gauge has been sealed at the factory. The only way to get into it is to break the metal seal or the glass on the RPM gauge.

How do you get into the RPM gauge?? There has to be a different way to fix this issue. Has anybody got a solution to this problem other than going back to regular turn signal bulbs?

Gary:confused:

B:

The Signal Minder takes the place of the flasher unit. I have one on my T100. I put one on the Bonnie simply because it's hard to see the indicator light when the signals are on and I was forgetting to cancel the signal after completing a maneuver. I don't have that problem on the Rock. The indicator light is plenty bright so I always remember to turn it off. The Signal Minder has some neat features like 4 way flashers and an adjustable setting before it cancels the signals.

I'm afraid you'll have to resort to a load equalizer. The particular unit I used to convert the tail lamps to both running lamps and stop lights and turn signal necessarily required the load equalizer though I didn't convert to LEDs as well. But, they (Back-Off) specifically stated that if converting to LEDs the equalizer would be absolutely necessary. The Back-Off Load Equalizer is sold separately.

I'm afraid you'll have to resort to a load equalizer. The particular unit I used to convert the tail lamps to both running lamps and stop lights and turn signal necessarily required the load equalizer though I didn't convert to LEDs as well. But, they (Back-Off) specifically stated that if converting to LEDs the equalizer would be absolutely necessary. The Back-Off Load Equalizer is sold separately.

can we have a link for the load equalizer please?

If all you want is steady flashing turn signals, remove your flasher from under the right side cover and go to the autoparts store and get an electronic replacement for it. They won't flash fast after installing LEDs.

SDC Signal Dynamics Corp makes excellent equalizers and other goodies. If you make any changes to the turn signals at all, you will need to install an equalizer. Just get a good one, they make alot of heat and will melt **** if you don't get a decent unit with heat dissipation.

I don't know what all that "remove bulb A and insert wire B into wedge C" business was about, but all I did was install the load equalizer and now I can use any lights I want. I've got LED's on the rear and incandescent on the front, works fine.

led indicators

SDC Signal Dynamics Corp makes excellent equalizers and other goodies. If you make any changes to the turn signals at all, you will need to install an equalizer. Just get a good one, they make alot of heat and will melt **** if you don't get a decent unit with heat dissipation.

I don't know what all that "remove bulb A and insert wire B into wedge C" business was about, but all I did was install the load equalizer and now I can use any lights I want. I've got LED's on the rear and incandescent on the front, works fine.

Hello Guys whilst we are talking about turn signals. i removed my turn signals, tag plate brackets & converted a nice zx14 tag bracket and moved it to the side.
I then bought some nice leds on ebay and tried to fit them to the rear fender trim last hole. unfortunately the hollow 8mm thread is just too short to go all the way through
anyone know where i can get a hollow 8mm stud from about 45mm long thanks john.

The Kisan unit has issues with load and it doesn't always act the same on different bikes of the same make and model. This just isn't with the stock gauges, but also with aftermarket LED digital gauges. They will tell you that you need to add load and/or remove LEDs, etc. Nope, still has issues, and sometimes the left signal will make ALL signals flash, with the right one working fine.

Remove the unit and throw it away would be my suggestion after fighting one on a customers bike for two years.

Even with my severe case of CRS :confused:, I can remember to turn off my own turn signals while riding.

YMMV.

The Kisan unit has issues with load and it doesn't always act the same on different bikes of the same make and model. This just isn't with the stock gauges, but also with aftermarket LED digital gauges. They will tell you that you need to add load and/or remove LEDs, etc. Nope, still has issues, and sometimes the left signal will make ALL signals flash, with the right one working fine.

Remove the unit and throw it away would be my suggestion after fighting one on a customers bike for two years.

Even with my severe case of CRS :confused:, I can remember to turn off my own turn signals while riding.

YMMV.

I bought two led resistors on ebay and put them inline with my rear leds, the front standard indicators work fine now not, flashing rapidly as if a lamp was blown. and the rear look great .

Back