Last rode my 2007 Rocket in April, 2010

Wow bad news on the big surgery but great news on the come back. Easy does it mate.

Happy to hear you "made the comback" ! Very impressed with the care you provided your bike while it waited for you. It will repay that kindness now !

D2E00996-D4CA-4A00-A962-1753832CF35F.jpeg
289E4E58-644B-4454-A847-ACDD13FDA225.jpeg
I had major back surgery in June, 2010 and my bikes have sat dormant since then...but not today!

My Rocket has had the update kit done twice, the last time was May, 2010. A friend of mine rode the bike home after the update kit was installed. The bike only had 1975 miles on it the first update attempt and 2140 miles the second time around. Changed Triumph dealers and thankfully found one that knew what they were doing.

Last week I changed all the fluids. I have been draining the fuel tank each fall and topping it off with fresh stabilized gas. The battery has been on a tender continuously but I replaced it two years ago anticipating getting it ready to ride.

I was a bit concerned when I changed the oil and it was a clear, brilliant red color. I’ve always used Mobil 1 in all my bikes and it startled me...I narrowed it down to either Motul or Silkolene (spelling?). The coolant was bright fluorescent green and looked to be ok, but wanted to change it out anyways since it was 8 years old. Flushed the front and rear brake fluid with Valvolene SynPower 3/4 through my speedbleeders (best invention ever) and drained/filled the final drive with Mobil 1 75w90. The bike fired right up...gotta love fuel injection. Only thing I didn’t do was change out the fork oil...this will be a winter job when I put new tires on the bike.

Rode it today for the first time since surgery. I forgot what an awe inspiring ride the Rocket gives you. I did the test ride in 2007 at the Honda Hoot in Asheville, TN when my new bride and I rode from Wisconsin on our honeymoon. When we got home I sold my brand new Yamaha RoadStar Midnight Warrior (it only had 195 miles on the odometer). The Rocket test ride was all it took.

So far my back didn’t seem too bother me but I only rode it to our Sportsman’s Club...now I’m ready to put some miles on it.

BTW, the bike ran flawlessly and (knock on wood) the popping out of first and second gears is history. Thanks to the mechanic at Martins Triumph dealer in PA.

Glad to be back in the fold here...

Great to hear...welcome back!

Welcome back to the forum and back to riding. It must feel really good to get out again on 2 wheels. Since the Rocket is the local bike, maybe thinking about hot rodding her into a hooligan bike would be fun. Carpenter is close by to you.

Welcome back to the forum and back to riding. It must feel really good to get out again on 2 wheels. Since the Rocket is the local bike, maybe thinking about hot rodding her into a hooligan bike would be fun. Carpenter is close by to you.

I’ve lusted over the Carpenter upgrades since first hearing of them. It’s actually a lot of performance for a reasonable price. I’m just afraid the transmission is going to be the week link and I’ve already had two update kits installed...wouldn’t stay in first or second gear when accelerating.

My Wife needs a new bike first. Her 2005 VTX is getting long in the tooth and she wants a new GoldWing...almost $30k new. She just got a new car last year and can’t have two vehicle loans at the same time.

Thanks....did you buy your red Rocket from a guy named Tom from Bellevue?

Attachments

• EC6B2313-9771-4EB7-BD14-EF2924730AB8.jpeg
    EC6B2313-9771-4EB7-BD14-EF2924730AB8.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 0
I’ve lusted over the Carpenter upgrades since first hearing of them. It’s actually a lot of performance for a reasonable price. I’m just afraid the transmission is going to be the week link and I’ve already had two update kits installed...wouldn’t stay in first or second gear when accelerating.

My Wife needs a new bike first. Her 2005 VTX is getting long in the tooth and she wants a new GoldWing...almost $30k new. She just got a new car last year and can’t have two vehicle loans at the same time.

"Lust" is the right word... I as well... but alas I've got competing interests. Beautiful car your wife has BTW. My bride is in the same boat, but we got her bike first (2011 HD Fatboy... purple of course!), paid that off and then we got her "Forever Dream Car" last year...
-MIG
DSC_9977-F.jpg

"Lust" is the right word... I as well... but alas I've got competing interests. Beautiful car your wife has BTW. My bride is in the same boat, but we got her bike first (2011 HD Fatboy... purple of course!), paid that off and then we got her "Forever Dream Car" last year...
-MIG
DSC_9977-F.jpg

Wow..that a beauty. Would love to drive one someday. That color is fantastic!

My wife’s car is an AWD GT...unfortunately only comes with the big 6 cylinder. It’s got a lot of pep, but not the SRT level performance. She needed AWD for commuting in winter.

Wow..that a beauty. Would love to drive one someday. That color is fantastic!

My wife’s car is an AWD GT...unfortunately only comes with the big 6 cylinder. It’s got a lot of pep, but not the SRT level performance. She needed AWD for commuting in winter.

Thanks!!! She searched five states to find that color in the model she wanted. When she did the test drive her shrieks and squeals of joy completely undermined my negotiating power... I understand the need for AWD. She'll drive in the rain but if there is more than a mist on the ground... she takes my truck and I take my bike. That said, we've had some phenomenal road trips... :) If we get moved somewhere with snow we'll have to get a winter-ready set of tires.
-MIG

Back