Last rode my 2007 Rocket in April, 2010

9Ball

Supercharged
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Standard
D2E00996-D4CA-4A00-A962-1753832CF35F.jpeg
289E4E58-644B-4454-A847-ACDD13FDA225.jpeg
I had major back surgery in June, 2010 and my bikes have sat dormant since then...but not today!

My Rocket has had the update kit done twice, the last time was May, 2010. A friend of mine rode the bike home after the update kit was installed. The bike only had 1975 miles on it the first update attempt and 2140 miles the second time around. Changed Triumph dealers and thankfully found one that knew what they were doing.

Last week I changed all the fluids. I have been draining the fuel tank each fall and topping it off with fresh stabilized gas. The battery has been on a tender continuously but I replaced it two years ago anticipating getting it ready to ride.

I was a bit concerned when I changed the oil and it was a clear, brilliant red color. I’ve always used Mobil 1 in all my bikes and it startled me...I narrowed it down to either Motul or Silkolene (spelling?). The coolant was bright fluorescent green and looked to be ok, but wanted to change it out anyways since it was 8 years old. Flushed the front and rear brake fluid with Valvolene SynPower 3/4 through my speedbleeders (best invention ever) and drained/filled the final drive with Mobil 1 75w90. The bike fired right up...gotta love fuel injection. Only thing I didn’t do was change out the fork oil...this will be a winter job when I put new tires on the bike.

Rode it today for the first time since surgery. I forgot what an awe inspiring ride the Rocket gives you. I did the test ride in 2007 at the Honda Hoot in Asheville, TN when my new bride and I rode from Wisconsin on our honeymoon. When we got home I sold my brand new Yamaha RoadStar Midnight Warrior (it only had 195 miles on the odometer). The Rocket test ride was all it took.

So far my back didn’t seem too bother me but I only rode it to our Sportsman’s Club...now I’m ready to put some miles on it.

BTW, the bike ran flawlessly and (knock on wood) the popping out of first and second gears is history. Thanks to the mechanic at Martins Triumph dealer in PA.

Glad to be back in the fold here...

Welcome back, got aftermarket rear shocks? they'll help with the back compared to the stockers.

Yes, Progressive 440s....will be upgrading the fork springs this winter when I change the fork oil.

Also, have the long haul seat with rider backrest...helps a lot.

Thanks for the welcome.

Piling on here -- what a great story -- if you have to face adversity, to come back afterward, and I hope you see what a great group to whom to return.

I echo the other comments -- I installed Hagon Nitros back -- almost anything will be an improvement, and also the long haul seat with rider backrest -- and almost any seat can be retrofit with a Utopia back rest.

Please keep sharing.

Back