Last rode my 2007 Rocket in April, 2010

Hello 9Ball and welcome back from just down the road in Virginia! Your story has made my day, glad to hear you are literally back in the saddle!!!

So glad you're on the mend and back in the saddle. That was a long time and a long haul. You seem to have done everything correctly in resurrecting the sleeping beast, a fine looking machine.

And it appears you live in a lovely neighborhood and drive a way cool car.

So glad you're on the mend and back in the saddle. That was a long time and a long haul. You seem to have done everything correctly in resurrecting the sleeping beast, a fine looking machine.

And it appears you live in a lovely neighborhood and drive a way cool car.

Thanks. A 55+ community with a bunch of other old farts. At least there’s no grass mowing or snow shoveling!

That’s my Wife’s 2017 AWD Challenger GT. She was overdue for a new car since her Malibu was 10 years old with 110,000 miles and starting to cost us money keeping it on the road. She wants a new bike since her VTX1300 is now over 13 years old. Unfortunately she wants a new GoldWing, but we can only afford one vehicle payment at a time. She’s a long distance rider with her MotorMaids club...heading to Alabama from NJ next week for the annual convention. The GoldWing she’s looking at is over $29k list price...ouch.

I think my 500 to 800 mile days are long behind me as old age is rapidly catching up....the Rocket will serve me well on local rides. That was my original intent as my Valkyrie is set up for long distance rides.

upload_2018-6-26_6-34-8.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks. A 55+ community with a bunch of other old farts. At least there’s no grass mowing or snow shoveling!

That’s my Wife’s 2017 AWD Challenger GT. She was overdue for a new car since her Malibu was 10 years old with 110,000 miles and starting to cost us money keeping it on the road. She wants a new bike since her VTX1300 is now over 13 years old. Unfortunately she wants a new GoldWing, but we can only afford one vehicle payment at a time. She’s a long distance rider with her MotorMaids club...heading to Alabama from NJ next week for the annual convention. The GoldWing she’s looking at is over $29k list price...ouch.

I think my 500 to 800 mile days are long behind me as old age is rapidly catching up....the Rocket will serve me well on local rides. That was my original intent as my Valkyrie is set up for long distance rides.

upload_2018-6-26_6-34-8.jpeg

We're somewhat in the same boat, differing only because I've had no major surgery. Everything gets more difficult as we age.

I still hope to do some long haul riding but no way will I do 500-800 miles a day anymore. After about 350 miles and I'm off the bike and in an air conditioned motel room. It's been a huge part of my life for so long that giving up MC touring is very sad thought to me. I'll keep at it as long as I can.

Kudos to your wife for "living the life" on the open road.

Back