last off the line

Precisely why I had the undercut gears and billet 4th installed lol.
I am having my gears miked and undercut soon, if the gears are alright is their a reason to replace the 4th gear with the billet one offered from Robertson's? And why do they only offer 4th?

Not sure why they only offer 4th, something about the design ...can't recall clearly, but if I'm already having it worked on, I figured might as well be preventative and install the best parts.

Ok the fourth gear in my opinion needs a wee bit more beef sure sometimes they do not break up bad

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

But some times they do

100_6948.jpg

So if you were to look at Robinson's new fourth gear you will see where they eliminated some of the weakness

20150308_152829.jpg

20150308_152821.jpg

Hope this helps you decide what you want to do

:D

Ok the fourth gear in my opinion needs a wee bit more beef sure sometimes they do not break up bad

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

But some times they do

100_6948.jpg

So if you were to look at Robinson's new fourth gear you will see where they eliminated some of the weakness

20150308_152829.jpg

20150308_152821.jpg

Hope this helps you decide what you want to do

:D

Boy, that 3rd image is quite compelling! I think I Need to do a benefit vs. risk analysis: the benefit of piece of mind vs. the risk of my wife loosing her marbles the next time she hears me say “Well, while we are doing this I may as well...”

Boy, that 3rd image is quite compelling! I think I Need to do a benefit vs. risk analysis: the benefit of piece of mind vs. the risk of my wife loosing her marbles the next time she hears me say “Well, while we are doing this I may as well...”
I agree in fact if and when I get home I will be sending my extra transmission to Robinson's for their special touch and gear. The price Fred said he paid I would suggest anyone who splits the motor open send it to them.

Might someone post how one contacts Robinsons (again) and what one requests, and the expected cost ?

yes lets have some info about robinson 4th gear I think mine is on the weak side from what I hear in the transmission.

yes lets have some info about robinson 4th gear I think mine is on the weak side from what I hear in the transmission.

Might someone post how one contacts Robinsons (again) and what one requests, and the expected cost ?

Robinson Industries Motorcycle Transmissions

EMAIL: sales@robinsonindustriesinc.com

PHONE:(631) 360-9219
FAX:(631) 360-9252
644 Middle Country Road-Suite 10
St. James, New York 11780

Lets summon the expert @Rocket Scientist so he can correct any misguided info I type
I believe you send them the complete shafts bearings and all. they go thru everything clean inspect undercut the gears and install the new fourth gear if you choose and send it back ready to drop in. Like sliced bread:)

Bill is who I talked to when I was checking on it for Fred.

@Rocket Scientist HELP

Last edited:
Back