last off the line

Something in the back of my brain if fighting to get out regarding this...

I recall at one point, that was widely true for transmissions, and the result was a true 1:1 ratio, which is why 4th was perfect for dynos. It's been a very long time since that was true as a "go to rule" though. Even in cars, a 4th gear typically is nowhere near 1:1 anymore with gear counts escalating into the 8+ range.

On the rocket 5th is closer to 1:1 (its actually 0.96), where as 4th is 1.16:1. Theoretically we should all be dynoing in 5th not 4th, but people will whine and say "your numbers are high because its a 5th gear run".

Great info. I have an @Paul Bryant header coming and thinking of having a couple pulls done before and after installing. I'll have them do 4th & 5th gear pulls each time.

Another thing to consider is the top speed of the bike say yours is a rocket and you have a 9000 rpm map . even if you only tune to 8500 he will be running her upwards of 220 mph on the dyno Not sure what their limits are might even be different per manufacturer.

i guess i would say that it should be the gear that is the closest to 1 to 1 because if u made a second gear run it would probably double your torque and might make the dyno come unglued. :laugh::laugh:
plus u want a reading that is close to the crank reading.

Something in the back of my brain if fighting to get out regarding this...

I recall at one point, that was widely true for transmissions, and the result was a true 1:1 ratio, which is why 4th was perfect for dynos. It's been a very long time since that was true as a "go to rule" though. Even in cars, a 4th gear typically is nowhere near 1:1 anymore with gear counts escalating into the 8+ range.

On the rocket 5th is closer to 1:1 (its actually 0.96), where as 4th is 1.16:1. Theoretically we should all be dynoing in 5th not 4th, but people will whine and say "your numbers are high because its a 5th gear run".
Like all the other pointless facts in my head dated ,useless and just plain wrong :unsure:

your point about the gear ratios is interesting ;)

Well they no longer figure on EU sites. Nor T-Birds. Not even the suggestion of "Cruisers". EU4 has spoken.

My guess - They have engines and stuff to build a few more - and they'll be shipped to the colonies.

I was under the impression that the limited edition X models were the last 500 off the production line, although that doesn't necessarily mean the last sold as new. I'm guessing this could be verified with engine numbers or vin numbers? Does anyone have a non X with a higher number than an X.

That's a fair point we could track down the last bikes using this method assuming frame / engine numbers do run in sequence from low to high

Back