Danky

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Roadster, 2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R
Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is a re-post but I need your opinions. I am looking to purchase a pair of Kuryakyn highway pegs for my rocket but unsure which to get. This will be my first time even using highway pegs. I see that they sell adjustable pegs which I would assume are more comfortable since you are able to move them until you find a spot you like but I'm really not sure. Also, are the peg mounts usually included when you buy a pair of pegs or do those need to be purchased separately. I DO already have the highway bars installed so I guess you can say I'm trying to put them to use.
What I'm trying to get at is if you guys could recommend some pegs that look good and are comfortable that would be awesome.

By the way I'm a little over 6ft tall if that helps.
Thanks in advance!

-Danky

The Kuryakyn Longhorn pegs work good for me, with only a 29" inseam I needed to pull the pegs as close to me as possible.

I can't remember if I had to purchase the mounting separately from the pegs.

I'm really happy with my Triumph ones too. You don't necessarily need to use the 'S' bracket but it does give you more movement/options.

Installed a pair of Kuryakyn Offset highway mounts with the Dually ISO pegs. Wasn't too sure if I was going to like them till I put my feet up. Got a good deal. Walked into a store to pick up a couple of tickets to the Motorcycle show and walked out with the pegs for $120. image.jpg image.jpg

you do need to buy the the adapters separately they are good, also what ever you do make sure you have them exactly where you want them before tightening up to much as I cracked one when re- positioning them on the adapters, probably swung on the Ellen Key a bit hard.
They are good but I have switched to the Triumph one since and like them better

Just put on the Triumph non adjustable. Wish I had the adjustable. To be comfortable I slightly turn angle the pegs to the rear of the bike, brings them closer. image.jpg image.jpg

Any of you "highway peg' gurus know of a shorter, lighter weight set for the Triumph bars?
I have the Kuryakyn huge 10 pound adjustable pegs. They are way too long and stick out too far.
When I get them to a comfy position they drag the ground on twisties.
When I raise them up enough to clear my feet feel as if up around my ears in position for a bugger and not for a ride. :eek:
I'd like a light weight set only wide enough for my EEE Red Wings. Right now they are are 2-3 inches wider than needed.
Best Regards,
1olbull

I'm no guru as these are my first set of highway pegs. The ones I purchased in a post above allows for the foot pegs to be mounted forward of the crash bars for taller fellas. This way you won't have to lift them too high. Not overly light but I do not find any flex to the crash bars when I push on them, seem to work well. They came as a kit so I did not have to purchase all the separate parts
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/4029/Offset-Highway-Pegs

The Kuryakyn Longhorn pegs work good for me, with only a 29" inseam I needed to pull the pegs as close to me as possible.
Bloody hell Phil - you must be sitting on the tank then.
Sat where I usually sit I can barely reach the engine bars - 32" inseam.

Back