Just got dynoed, 130 hp does not impress me

Leif Almberg

.060 Over
Gents,
my Roadster has the TORS along with triple KN filters and a matching tune for this.
the dyno showed good numbers when it comes to lambda, never lean, never fat.

130 HP and 190nm, 140 ib/ft

is this good numbers? I know that triumph states crank shaft numbers but have I really lost almost 20 HP on the way. let alone the Tors, the KNs and the tune should provide for some extra.

It may be that the cat underneath the Roadster is a bigger obstacle than we thought. too bad Triumph does not sell a bypass along with the tors, but there are at least 1 or 2 out there that sell such, right?

added: I would like to state that I am really satisfied with the tune and how the bike handles, but I have so many friends with older rockets that just overtakes me! why can't I have the same numbers that they have. the Roadster is supposed to have more power? that's why I bought it.

Aren't the specs from Triumph 147 hp? If so, you're losing about 12% to the rear wheel. I think that's about normal. Of course, you'll lose a little more on the road due to drag.

Aren't the specs from Triumph 147 hp? If so, you're losing about 12% to the rear wheel. I think that's about normal. Of course, you'll lose a little more on the road due to drag.

yes but with the tors and the KN filters, shouldn't I have gained approx 10-15 hp compared to stock?
otherwise, the mods are just for show..

Good point. I can't answer that. I don't typically do those sorts of things. I picked up some hp by putting BC Hog Slayers and the TOR tune on my T-Bird (no other mods, no K&N, etc.). I don't recall how much I picked up, however.

I just had a thought. Have you tried searching the internet for some dyno numbers on a stock Roadster? I bet there are some out there. That would give you something to compare.

Is that corrected HP? Or standard? I know SAE corrected isn't used much outside of the US. You might do some research on the difference of the two. Especially if it was a hot and humid day.

Relative Horsepower Calculator

For example, at 85 degrees F, 30.14 Inches Hg (mercury) barometer reading, 40% relative humidity and 5000 feet altitude, the engine only produces about 81.1% of the rated horsepower.

Gents,
my Roadster has the TORS along with triple KN filters and a matching tune for this.
the dyno showed good numbers when it comes to lambda, never lean, never fat.

130 HP and 190nm, 140 ib/ft

is this good numbers? I know that triumph states crank shaft numbers but have I really lost almost 20 HP on the way. let alone the Tors, the KNs and the tune should provide for some extra.

It may be that the cat underneath the Roadster is a bigger obstacle than we thought. too bad Triumph does not sell a bypass along with the tors, but there are at least 1 or 2 out there that sell such, right?

added: I would like to state that I am really satisfied with the tune and how the bike handles, but I have so many friends with older rockets that just overtakes me! why can't I have the same numbers that they have. the Roadster is supposed to have more power? that's why I bought it.

I will step up and do the honourable thing, I will give you my 2005 Rocket for your slow Roadster, a straight swap no questions asked now am I a nice guy or what.:D

Oops forgot, you pay for the shipping.:D

:D that might be a good idea, but I like the matte black paint on my Roadster.
will you repaint yours, and then we can look into the trade again?

on a seriouos side note, the TORS and such on the normal rocket are probably way more open than on the Roadster. same goes for the third cat underneath the Roadster. that one is completely eliminated on the previous rockets.

this should be the answer to the big difference in performance, I think.

Back