Just got another dyno tune

Steel

Resident Coonass
Ride
2012 Roadster & 2006 Classic
Last time Black Betty went to Carpenter, I got her back and was very unsatisfied with how she ran. Bob didn't seem to have the time or desire to get her running right. I couldn't figure out exactly what the issue was, and was given help and suggestions from a couple of members here. Thanks to those guys! So I brought Betty to another mechanic who tunes race cars and bikes. Again we got nowhere. Finally I brought her to Tommy at Extreme Machines in Millstone NJ. He's the guy who tunes the Triumph Streamliner before they go to Bonneville. Well it turned out that all my problems were in the tune. He wound up getting 251 hp and 185 ft/lbs of torque. That's with pump gas and filters in place. She now has more low and midrange power than ever before. It's no secret that I like sending the front tire skyward, but I'm having to relearn how to ride in 1st gear. Barely off throttle at 25-30% the front tire wants to leave the ground. There is no snapping the throttle open in 1st at anywhere in the rpm range, slow roll of the grip, and she climbs up. Needless to say that I'm ecstatic with the results. :cool:

20181103_174943.jpg
20181103_174956.jpg

What is happening over at Carpenters? you are not the first one to be a little less than satisfied with them, :eek:
Not sure what his issue is. He has a great motor package for the Rocket, then he just wants to drop a tune in but doesn't want to take the time to tweak the tune.

Tommy said he knows how the R3 is supposed to perform with the Carp package, and was going to stay all night if that's what it took. Luckily it really didn't take more than a couple of hours. He found so much more hp than it had before. I know it's mostly low to mid power, but it's like a totally different motor now.

There was a girl in work, bit of a beast, she was as big as a house and would eat you without salt.

Often waddled awkwardly into the canteen, someone would offer her a "candy", she'd reply oh yes I might be bold and take one, and then she'd take one alright - one handful.

Or if there was a cake there, she'd waddle over, cut a modest slice, everyone would think "that's less than I thought she'd take", but then she'd leave the slice and take the cake :roll:

Her name was Bridie, her nickname was Big Bridie.. in fact we had a theme song for her;

Whoa-oh, Big Bridie, bam-ba-lam
Big Bridie ate a sheep, and a lamb
Big Bridie ate a cow, and a ham

and so forth :roll:

True story bro

What is happening over at Carpenters? you are not the first one to be a little less than satisfied with them, :eek:
There is a video where he is interviewed about his products. He certainly is proud of the R3 package. However he said something that stood out to me....more or less that hes done so many R3s he only performs a couple runs to confirm the tune.

Not bashing them at all. Im even buying their 240 package. But im kinda happy im having it tuned locally after I get it all back together.

Back