Just bought a rocket

G'day.. another Aussie and another welcome. Wait till you really get the hang of the Rocket , takes a little while .. then you'll be blown away by what an awesome motorcycle it really is :D

Well I did it, yesterday I traded an 11'storm in for an 06'R3 I took the used bike for a demo while we hashed out the numbers for a new R3T so I got cold feet financing the R3T but couldn't go back to the storm. I thought that bike was a torque monster and compared to more conventional cruisers I guess it is.We've had t=storms since I git her so we havn't really been out yet,but i'm excited

Well, Steve. Congrats on your trade. I wish I'd have updated my ad earlier because I had one on here stating I'd straight up trade my 08 Rocket Touring for a Thunderbird.
Oh well and good luck.

Greetings from bolingbrook.

The rocket is a great bike but be warned that it gets better from here. Within 6 months of joining this site my bike has K&N triple filters, a cut bear claw, no secondaries, a car tire on the back and it pulls HARD.

Haha I know that feeling. Before joining this site I had vague notions of maybe getting some paint. Now I've got pipes, filters, shocks, springs, and a long long list of toys that just keeps growing. I guess I'm more susceptible to suggestion than I thought.

To the original poster; Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Rocket! There is nothing else quite like'er.

With great power comes great respect

Please be careful, if you have any kind of addictive nature you will never be the same. Speed and torque will have a new meaning.
You'll be faster then a speeding bullet. More powerful then a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound....
Keep the cape tucked into your pants so it won't get caught in the back tire. ;) Congrats

Haha I know that feeling. Before joining this site I had vague notions of maybe getting some paint. Now I've got pipes, filters, shocks, springs, and a long long list of toys that just keeps growing. I guess I'm more susceptible to suggestion than I thought.

To the original poster; Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Rocket! There is nothing else quite like'er.

Hey Norseman .. congrats on what you've done with your bike , looking really good mate.

Back