Jardine Exhaust System

I live in Phoenix, AZ and I will assure you that the Jardine header puts off more heat. A long red light is almost unbearable when the outside temp is near 100F or more. I just wrapped them. I like ten much more wrapped. I have not sat at a long light after 30 min on the freeway yet, but I'm sure it will make it bearable.i think the look better as well. The heat shields were dis coloring and flaking, so they were going to go get recited if I kept them.

Here are some pictures just before and after the wrap. I forgot to take a close picture of the flaking, but you can notice the discomfiting and fading. This, I assume was more due to poor quality coating and coating method than temp. Only two of the three shields frayed. And since you can see chrome under the black, they apparently just painted the shields that were already chromed. Maybe they just had extra stock from the chrome system that was not selling well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353255502.158201.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353255516.688210.jpg

The wrap is not as light as they appear to be in the picture. The light just reflects well. They are very dark grey and look almost like a carbon fiber weave. Got the 2 in Jegs brand wrap. I'll post more pictures in the sun as they break in more.

jardine gaskets

Do the Jardines come with new copper gaskets when you buy them new. Or do I have to order them from Triumph?
Ive read that you should double up the gaskets, is that necessary?

It does not come with gaskets. You can leave the old ones and add a new set to double up, at least that's what I did.

I live in Phoenix, AZ and I will assure you that the Jardine header puts off more heat. A long red light is almost unbearable when the outside temp is near 100F or more. I just wrapped them. I like ten much more wrapped. I have not sat at a long light after 30 min on the freeway yet, but I'm sure it will make it bearable.i think the look better as well. The heat shields were dis coloring and flaking, so they were going to go get recited if I kept them.

Here are some pictures just before and after the wrap. I forgot to take a close picture of the flaking, but you can notice the discomfiting and fading. This, I assume was more due to poor quality coating and coating method than temp. Only two of the three shields frayed. And since you can see chrome under the black, they apparently just painted the shields that were already chromed. Maybe they just had extra stock from the chrome system that was not selling well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353255502.158201.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353255516.688210.jpg

The wrap is not as light as they appear to be in the picture. The light just reflects well. They are very dark grey and look almost like a carbon fiber weave. Got the 2 in Jegs brand wrap. I'll post more pictures in the sun as they break in more.

What kind of bags are those Vink ?

The bags are Mutazu RS. I did a write up on them. Search "show me some saddlebags." The build quality is not top notch, but they are great looking and function well for $300. I used the free brackets that came with them but modified them and used spacers and hardware from my local hardware store.

Ok, I don't mean to steal a thread, so check out the other thread.

Frank
If you look at the performance section and go about 5 posts down you can see jardines from start to finish
Plus ....the best way to install them..

Oh Yes....The welding on them sucks and just not on the flanges either it is bad everywhere

Guess I should have read more of the already posted threads on this subject. Sounds like they're of bad quality. Still curious about the amount of heat they put off.
Lots of people are saying the quality isn't good. How about it? The black ceramic coat would look good on my bike.

I've had the Jars on for three years. I completely disagree with the "quality" issue. I think they are well built and perform perfectly. The welds are first class and they produce no more heat than the stock exhausts.
Maybe my particular set but I love them.

I'm wondering if you took the header pipe for a set of chrome Jardines for a standard/classic and had it ceramic coated prior to installing the heat shields if it would make any sort of temperature improvement?

Back