Jardine Exhaust System

fat frank

Supercharged
Who is using this system? conplete header set.
Looking to put a set on my Roadster. Are they hotter than the stock setup?
Any info would be helpfull here.
Thanks in advance

I had Jardines on my R3, and several customers use the Jardines as well. A few run Sam's Predators. The Jardines have a considerably deeper tone than the raspier Predators. Your likes/dislikes will determine what you want.

Not any more radiated heat than the stock header, perhaps a bit less. Good tuning makes more of a difference. I have seen the stock Stainless (possibly chrome) Jardines discolor when running the stock tunes, but not when tuned well.

There seems to be two versions - black coated and Stainless. I remove their black coating and coat with a very good ceramic coating to keep heat down, but you could wrap them, and get even less radiated heat from them. Wraps will fit under the header covers/shields.

I usually do a bit of port work on the insides near the head flange to clean up the welds and help the flow a bit - Jardines or Predators. Every little bit adds up.

Guess I should have read more of the already posted threads on this subject. Sounds like they're of bad quality. Still curious about the amount of heat they put off.
Lots of people are saying the quality isn't good. How about it? The black ceramic coat would look good on my bike.

I run Jardines and am happy with them. I think the Jardine header is a little warmer than stock.. but no different than any other bike with exhaust pipes on the right side. It's not a problem for me, and I live in San Antonio, TX.. They do have a deeper sound than the Predators I've heard. Mine bolted right up. The only problem I had with the Jardines was the header to muffler junction. Jardine says to use a high-heat sealant at this joint. It's just a slip joint, there are not bolts, clamps, springs, etc.. Apparently most people don't have a problem with it, but I never could get that joint to seal. So I just decided to weld the system together at the header junction. No problems since. The exhaust system still comes off easy enough, just have to remove the header with the right side muffler. But that's not something I should have to do often..

I think most of the problems were with the early sets of Jars. Mine bolted right up. I recommend doubling up the copper gaskets on the exhaust ports though. And every so often retorque the header bolts.

I have heard that there is a set for sale in the classifieds.....

My bike had Jars on when I purchased it last year. I thought that they threw off a lot of heat so I had them wrapped when they done the upgrade last year. They are pretty loud on long trips so I went to repack them and found that they didn't need it.
I have a TuneBoy and a PCIII w/triple filters on my 06 Classic just dyno'd at 142 hp and 148 torque. Short of the preds, I don't think you can get those kinds of numbers with the stock header.
I think I like the way that the TOR's sound better than the Jar's but the bike is running so good now that I don't think I can mess with it.

T

Who is using this system? conplete header set.
Looking to put a set on my Roadster. Are they hotter than the stock setup?
Any info would be helpfull here.
Thanks in advance

I just found some new info on this issue. Read my post in "common Issues":

http://www.r3owners.net/common-issues/7804-roadster-jardine-bad-now.html

The Jardines apparently do not fit the roadster yet. The ABS module under the bike in the passageway for the pipes is in the way and the mounting points are off for the foot peg mount. That totally screwed my plans too. If you have already purchased the kit, please follow up with your experiences. Otherwise, I'd contact Jardine before purchasing. I hope this gets worked out soon, I like the look and am in the market.

Just my 2cents worth - I just installed a set of Jardines on my second RocketIII - I had them ceramic coated black so the heat isnt bad (and ive not even put the heat shields on yet) ....

but

I took the baffles out of mine and they are extremely loud - definately need baffles in them :cool:

Back