intermittent fuel issues

Idle can ramp up and down during 12 minute tune. Should even out to steady idle at end of 12 min tune. Your tps was way off from the numbers you posted at start.

Idle can ramp up and down during 12 minute tune. Should even out to steady idle at end of 12 min tune. Your tps was way off from the numbers you posted at start.
Yeah they were as I bought it. like I say have adjusted to where they should be from reading various posts. Would they cause the serious issues though? Stalling, high idle, and a feeling like there are dead spots in acceleration? I'd go from poor revs to seriously high revs as though I'm throttling up and down as riding

Ok so before checking tps and iscv took it out for a run and still running like a bag of nuts and stalled a couple of times on idle. Got it home and the readings were tps 0.562 and iscv .733 after adjustment. Are they enough out to cause issues? Currently at .601 and .723 respectively. I'm doing 12 min tune and idle is currently up and down, is that normal for tune

Assume you mean 0.562 and 0.733 before adjustment. But yeah that almost certainly means whoever installed the new TPS didn't do so correctly as initially diagnosed. And would explain the poor running.

Now you're running it for the 20 minute forced adaption aka 12 minute tune, what are the throttle balance numbers like?

Assume you mean 0.562 and 0.733 before adjustment. But yeah that almost certainly means whoever installed the new TPS didn't do so correctly as initially diagnosed. And would explain the poor running.

Now you're running it for the 20 minute forced adaption aka 12 minute tune, what are the throttle balance numbers like?
As you can see these are fluctuating but cylinder one always seems to be higher!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201002-182025_TuneECU.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-182025_TuneECU.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20201002-182021_TuneECU.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-182021_TuneECU.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20201002-182009_TuneECU.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-182009_TuneECU.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20201002-181941_TuneECU.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-181941_TuneECU.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 17
They're not bad, but should be within 10 of each other.
If you choose to balance them, be sure to reset TPS / ISCV after.

Wonder how your bike rides now that you adjusted the ISCV into spec?

If I'm honest, I'm not holding out much hope, bike was running for at least 30 mins and was still fluctuating. Was idling at about 900 - 1000 rpm and am aware it should be around 800. I'm gonna play with throttle boddies and try to get them with 10 of each other and see where I go. At least I have no error codes. Worst case scenario, I may take it in and get a decent tune

When resetting tps and iscv, should it auto tune or will I need to manually adjust

If I'm honest, I'm not holding out much hope, bike was running for at least 30 mins and was still fluctuating. Was idling at about 900 - 1000 rpm and am aware it should be around 800. I'm gonna play with throttle boddies and try to get them with 10 of each other and see where I go. At least I have no error codes. Worst case scenario, I may take it in and get a decent tune
When resetting tps and iscv, should it auto tune or will I need to manually adjust

The out of balance throttle might explain the mild idle hunting.
(the live cell being referenced by the ECU in the map's table may jump back and forth a bit due to the imbalance)

Re TPS / ISCV adjustments, there is no autotune. When you adjust throttle balance you may upset the TPS voltage, since you're moving the axis on which the throttle butterfly valves rotate. That axis is what the TPS sits onto the end of too (see that video I posted a few pages back) - and the TPS position is manually adjusted.

Maybe by autotune you mean the adaptives? i.e. hidden trims the ECU makes to the map based on altitude etc, which you can reset on TuneECU, and then either let the ECU marginally adapt over time by itself or force these marginal adaptions by running the "12 min tune".

Least i think that's the way it all works....

Given that my TCP and iscv are now set to where they should be, do you think given time and a run in should solve the problem? Daft question and I'm learning all the time (hell without your help I'd be fooked) lol if it doesnt resolve would you start looking at fuel lines etc. I'm a total ( and I mean (kindergaten) novice at this, where would, if it was yours would you look next? I'm a tight bugger and would rather spend time than cash fixing it myself. This bike is what i have always wanted so it's going nowhere regardless ( even if it becomes an ornament). Would it be worth investing in a power commander and getting it done professionally? It has to be a fuel issue again given I have no engine lights on and no codes

I’m curious if you did what I mentioned on page 1? Before you go mucking about balancing throttle bodies (which is important but not at all related to your problem). A vacuum leak will/can cause poor running, unstable running. For less than $15 bucks, it’s good maintenance that the age of your bike could do with.
Same applies to the low tension leads to the coils. The KISS principal has served me well in the nearly 40 years I’ve worked as a mechanic!

Back