Installing RamAir filter ... Should I cut the BearClaw for better airflow ?

Hi Living Legend,I not long ago installed the ramair system on my 06 roadster it’s only got the cat with no guts and sports mufflers, to keep the original look of the bike I personally wouldn’t cut the bear claw even though the filter had to be squashed a tad.I only did the 12 minute tune and let it go for another twelve no Dyno or any of that technical business when I twist the throttle especially in low gears the thing just wants to lift the front wheel off the ground gotta love that anyway I wouldn’t cut it if you wanna look cool get a new helmet or something

Can you make the intake snorkel 2 inches shorter ? I had one of your OZClaws before and with my Corbin Fairing I could not turn left. I even put half inch spacers on the fairing mounts to move it forward. didn't make much difference. I had to sell it and put the chrome claw back on. :mad: See Pictures.

More for sale 004.JPG

More for sale 011.JPG

Should have cut the fairings!!

This will get you NOWHERE. The INTAKE restriction is NOT the filter itself - but rather all the ducting which especially between inner and outer plenums and the underseat snorkels are serious bottlenecks. Correctly goo'ed up the RamAir is fine. Airflow to RamAir - tbh on most NA bikes the filter is pulling in enough air over the top of the engine. Teh OZclam will help with a slightly cooler air charge - especially if you make a simple hotair wall twixt filter and engine
My experience confirms this. Just adding triple 4010 filters and a tune improved the bike a lot keeping the TORS the same before and after.

Back