Installing RamAir filter ... Should I cut the BearClaw for better airflow ?

I think anytime you can get cooler air in, it will help.

I currently have my bear claw removed. When gripping the tank with my knees, I touch the back 10% of the filter also. I'm almost always wearing black jeans on the bike, but if not, I bet there would be some filter oil transfer noticeable on the inside of left knee.

I thought about an Ozclaw, but last time I asked @ozrider he wasn't making them and I just saw in another post he offered his last one to another member.

I think anytime you can get cooler air in, it will help.

I currently have my bear claw removed. When gripping the tank with my knees, I touch the back 10% of the filter also. I'm almost always wearing black jeans on the bike, but if not, I bet there would be some filter oil transfer noticeable on the inside of left knee.

I thought about an Ozclaw, but last time I asked @ozrider he wasn't making them and I just saw in another post he offered his last one to another member.

After a long break having been tied up with family and work I have just started making them again.

IMG_6177.JPG

Mark your cut line with marker, thick duct tape inside & outside edge, cut with very thin dremmel cutting disc (it will cut square in sections) then round cut off with rotary stone on dremmel. smooth edges with fine file, then cover the edge with some small door edge guard made for automobile door edges from any auto parts store - I still have the part I cut out that I could mail to you for a pattern of where to cut

After a long break having been tied up with family and work I have just started making them again.

Can you make the intake snorkel 2 inches shorter ? I had one of your OZClaws before and with my Corbin Fairing I could not turn left. I even put half inch spacers on the fairing mounts to move it forward. didn't make much difference. I had to sell it and put the chrome claw back on. :mad: See Pictures.

More for sale 004.JPG

More for sale 011.JPG

My new RamAir filter is scheduled to arrive Monday. Going to install right away and download one of the tunes in resources. I have the 3 pipe TORs, Triumph cat eliminator and a Dobeck Performance AFR Plus.

If I can get the time off from work going to join RAA West to do some dyno tunng at Nel's on Thursday.

Should I cut my BearClaw to allow for cooler/better airflow ?

Does anybody have a chrome BearClaw to sell cheap ?
Don't fit it at all its noisy over rated rubbish its like going from a acoustic guitar to electrified one its just plain anti social .

I would love to see a before and after dyno graph I'd bet there's so little in it it's not worth the head ache..... literarily

Also take a close look at the Ramair hold it up to light and ask yourself how filtering is this thing really doing .

My advice Good tuneecu tune and with aftermarket headers and pipes ( decat ) with OE type performance filter .

I have been a proponent of keeping the stock paper filter element all these years. I realize these new filters ( fiber, foam, oil soaked) only keep out low flying birds. I have been searching for several years for a filter style like this, only with quality proper paper element. Can't find anything like that. I still have the stock intake now. So I'm going to try the RamAir just to see if there is any significant difference.

Back