install location for starcom unit?

Rob Sukach

Standard Bore
Hi all!

I'm trying to figure where to install a starcom unit on my new (07) Rocket Classic Tour. I had it under the seat of my Sprint, but there doesn't appear to be enough room under the Rocket's seat.

Thanks,
Rob

Have you switched to an 'under the tank' or triple K&Ns?

Either one of those mods will free up the airbox which is where most of us are putting those types of devices.

You might check under the left side cover. I don't know what size your component is, but there's a fair amount of space there.

A Starcom you say? I'll wager you're a Democrat :p Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Nice weather we're having isn't it?
Is that Starcom as big as a bread box or as small as a box of strike anywhere matches. Doesn't matter. Extra space comes at a premium. And about all you've got to work with is the stock air box. You might squeeze in a modulator here or a Stebel horn there or you might shoe-horn in a security alarm; but, you're going to have to strap that bread box on your back :D

Welcome to the forum.

If you do an intake mod and can free up the area under the seat where the air filter is, that is one option. Other wise there is some room behind either one of the side covers.

Hi all!

I'm trying to figure where to install a starcom unit on my new (07) Rocket Classic Tour. I had it under the seat of my Sprint, but there doesn't appear to be enough room under the Rocket's seat.

Thanks,
Rob
Let us know how you like the starcom, I'm considering one, thanks and good luck mounting it:D

At 1" x 3" X 5", the unit isn't much bigger than a PC3 and it goes under the right side cover on top of the ECU (factory location).

So it should fit under either side cover. There's more room under the left side. Securing it might be a concern though.

thanks for the ideas

Haven't done the airbox mod/relocation, but I'm thinking it might be a good option.

I'll check the space under the side covers. It's a pretty small box, but you do need a little extra room for the wires to plug in.

Thanks!

Rob Sukach

I'm in the same boat. Plan on doing a Starcom, Zumo, and ingition relocation install overthe holidays. I will keep everyone posted w/pics.:rolleyes:

I mounted my Internatrix TW-400 security system on top of the battery. Originally I had it behind the battery but it didn't have the shock sensitivity; probably due to it not be solidly attached. The size of this security unit is about the same as the StarCom. The fresh air duct attached under the seat had to come off. Perhaps as suggested elsewhere, fixing it, (the StarCom) to the face of the ECU is an option for you.

Thanks for the help. I ended up mounting it under the left side cover, using several zip-ties to make a sort of plastic mounting cage that is anchored to the bracket the relays mount on. So far so good. I hope that area stays dry.

Regulator: thanks for the pics! I hadn't considered that space behind that battery...

Back