incidental backfire through airbox/filter

When you go with your bike to a good tuner. Then the problem will be solved. I went to Jvb works in Kuinre . Excellent job. But there are more specialized tuners

There is absolutely no substitute for a proper tune on a rolling road , it's easy to dabble with your fuel tables via tune ecu , but at the end of the day your poking around like a blind lesbian in a fishmongers ! You may get near the sweet spot , or so you may think ? until you get bike dynod and find your crazy rich in some parts of the power curve and dangerously lean in others ! My advise to anyone stepping outside stock , in regards to modding for power , should do their homework , find a reputable tuner and factor dyno time into your budget . Better to spend 200 sobs at the tuners , than 2 grand on an engine rebuild !

There is absolutely no substitute for a proper tune on a rolling road , it's easy to dabble with your fuel tables via tune ecu , but at the end of the day your poking around like a blind lesbian in a fishmongers ! You may get near the sweet spot , or so you may think ? until you get bike dynod and find your crazy rich in some parts of the power curve and dangerously lean in others ! My advise to anyone stepping outside stock , in regards to modding for power , should do their homework , find a reputable tuner and factor dyno time into your budget . Better to spend 200 sobs at the tuners , than 2 grand on an engine rebuild !

Such foul use of your Queen's English....what are "sobs"?

Thanks guys for your advice. I allready had a tuner with outstanding reputation looking at the backfire issue. Several mapping finetuning has been tried. I also checked for possible leaks spraying some brake-cleaner fluid around the inlets....no problems there, a stable run. Also checked the exhaust system- no leaks.
still I gues my own made exhaust causes the back-firing. Problably i should try to produce a more direct "split" to the two exhaust instead of de splitting and balancing can i made underneath the bike? More experiment needed.
rocket 20 klein.jpg

Last edited:
Back