incidental backfire through airbox/filter

The problem with it backfiring
in the intake is it can blow off the vacuum lines going to the map sensor and then u will have a problem running

DeanO,
Please explain to me what a cat delete crossoverpipe means? Ik usealy make my own exhaustsystems out of scrap. The two exhausts in the picture are connected in between with a self made rvs-can with a diameter witch measures about 20 x 14 cm's. Worthwile making another connection?
Its the part that links the tail end of the header pipe to the silencer/mufflers... by the sound of it :rolleyes: you already made one

Backfiring through the intake is generally caused by either an over rich fuel mixture , or problems with ignition timing and / or vacuum leaks . The cause needs investigating as this is not an ideal condition !

I’ve had four R3’s from new, all of them would occasionally backfire through the intake when stock standard if I blipped the throttle while down shifting... I noted that they no longer did once a cross over pipe was added... stock filter and tors tune.

I’ve had four R3’s from new, all of them would occasionally backfire through the intake when stock standard if I blipped the throttle while down shifting... I noted that they no longer did once a cross over pipe was added... stock filter and tors tune.

Four?? Capitalist pig........

Back