Impossible to lay a rocket down!

I've always been taught, keep it up and stay with the bike at all costs, if possible. Now I know if someone pulls out to do the left-hand turn in front of me, well, I'm probably going over their hood as the bike slams into their front fender. Aside from that, though, all the instructors I have had over the years always say the same thing - keep it up, stay with the bike.

You Know.....Theory is ok but till you have been in that same situation and rerun it a thousand times in your head, you can only hope the theory is correct. Now that he has been in that situation, chances are he will automatically understand what to do should he have to do it again....

"LAYING IT DOWN" IS AN EXCUSE FOR

I PANICKED AND GRABBED TO MUCH FRONT BRAKE

Laughing2.gif

The lay it down saying should be taken out of the English language, certainly glad that you did not crash your bike but it sounds like you had enough time to brake/swerve avoid the ******* who pulled out in front of you , I can understand the puker feeling you would have had as you do not have ABS but please everyone practice your braking and that includes high speed braking, you will be amazed how much you can shave off with some practice.

Funny you should say that I have been practicing my stopping every day since and have noticed the difference, watched a video online somewhere a work mate gave me where a bloke shows you how to slam the breaks on with out locking it up and he says the same thing as you practice makes perfect. Been riding 35 years and never ever practiced emergency stopping before!

You Know.....Theory is ok but till you have been in that same situation and rerun it a thousand times in your head, you can only hope the theory is correct. Now that he has been in that situation, chances are he will automatically understand what to do should he have to do it again....
Spot on my goodman, easy all of us telling MrRoscoe what he should do but until you are faced with the same situation you never know, but everyone please practice your braking.

.....in short, treat every "WEIRD" incident as a lesson!..Ride with your eyes and your mind...it's awesome to relax and suck in the fresh air, but keep watching and thinking....if your inner self says "dont"...then dont.

Back