I'm going darkside tomorrow

Phil R

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Classic
on a Riken Raptor 245/50/16. I'm 5'8" and ~200lbs, what tire pressure should I go with?

This weekend I put a few more miles on the Metz and came home with a hėll of a sunburn! :eek: Heck, at 50 years old you would think I would have learned to use sunscreen by now. Now I have that leprosy look to look forward to...

I started with 28 and ended up with 32. It's pretty much just trial and error until you feel it.

Good to hear that you are jumping to the darkside. The Riken Raptor is a very popular choice among Rocket Captains.

Have you considered going with a 225/55-16 instead of the 245/50? You still get the phat look without the mass of the 245.

Good to hear that you are jumping to the darkside. The Riken Raptor is a very popular choice among Rocket Captains.

Have you considered going with a 225/55-16 instead of the 245/50? You still get the phat look without the mass of the 245.

I thought long and hard about what I wanted before I ordered it. I was ready to get the 225 and up to the time I was going to pull the trigger on the 225 I just knew I needed the 245. I figured with the few mods I've done will offset any weight and mass added with the 245. Plus that huge fattie will look great back there, it'll give the other bikers something to look at while I kick sand in their face when I pass them. :D

Hellfire, How are you liking that BFG? Does it lean alright?
I'm loving it, don't even notice it's not a bike tire anymore. Feels much better than before, grips better and doesn't slip in corners, the ride is softer and it "barks" before it breaks loose ... I always know when it's about to slip that way.

Between it and the adjustable damping shocks, it rides like a Cadillac.

Lean? Surely with a tyre like that you can only go in straight lines. :eek:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I reckon if that one was available over here I might even be tempted to try it.......... on Hanso's bike. ;)

Seriously though, it's closer to what I'd want than anything I've seen. With you Mitch - not quite there yet - but :rolleyes: .

Back