idle stall and warm up?

How long do you let your bike warm up in the morning before riding?

• Total voters
Guys,
I've had my R3R for about a week now - it's my daily driver and I commute with it. Other than arriving to work with a permanent silly grin on my face, I've noticed a pattern. If i don't let it warm up, the bike stalls with the clutch-in, in 1st gear at my first light (about .5 mile). After the bike warms up, it does not do this again.

Question: So how long do you let your bike warm up after starting it first thing, but before riding?
It’s your idle control Motor. Dealer should be able to reset it

If you look at the mechanism, you'll see that there is some linkage between the butterflies and the yellow screw. I think it wears some, and throws off the factory base idle setting.
Old thread, but where exactly is the DNT yellow screw? You have described my issue perfectly

Old thread, but where exactly is the DNT yellow screw? You have described my issue perfectly
You have to remove the bearclaw. At the front of the fuel injectors you'll see where the throttle cables hook in. There is a little plastic cover there held on with two bolts. Take that off and you will be able to see the yellow painted idle hard stop. It's a small Allen head screw with a jam but.

You have to remove the bearclaw. At the front of the fuel injectors you'll see where the throttle cables hook in. There is a little plastic cover there held on with two bolts. Take that off and you will be able to see the yellow painted idle hard stop. It's a small Allen head screw with a jam but.
You legend. Thanks for answering my thread necromancy

Back