I was bummed before, now I'm just pissed!

Yeah, you're probably right. Funny thing is, although this has got to be one of the more frustrating bike experiences I've had, I really like the Rocket.
Somewhere inside this malfunctioning beast is a darn good bike trying to get out.
It would really be kinda nice to finally find and fix this idling issue.

To-date, I've replaced the TPS, Stepper motor, cleaned the crank sensor, readjusted the throttle cables, checked to see if the battery cables are pressing against anything (they don't appear to be), performed the 12 minute tune 5,000 times (ok, only 5 times), and prayed to the Triumph God...all to no avail.
I'm not sure exactly where the o2 sensor should be on the exhaust, but I'll keep looking.
Anybody out there have any more ideas as to what could still be causing an idle and poor running issue? Anybody?

Decided to get down and dirty with the beast today. Lifted the tank...nothing loose, but did wiggle all the connectors. There were a couple of plugs that were unplugged though. Is that normal? Also, took off the side cover and exhaust cover. An O2 sensor was in place but wasn't plugged in. And then I noticed something that didn't look right. A small (electrical) box was sitting virtually right on top of the cat outlet, and was burnt/melted to sh_t. It had a long wire and at the end was a plug that was connected to...another plug. So I disconnected the sucker and got it the hell outta there. I then plugged the dangling O2 sensor plug back into where it probably was in the first place, and restarted the bike. The bugger held a solid idle, so I did a 12 minute tune. the engine light was on though after I disconnected the burned bypass box (I'm assuming), and stayed on even when the O2 sensor was plugged back in. I haven't driven it yet but will soon (with crossed fingers, etc.)

Would hooking up a bad O2 sensor still allow the bike to run ok, or would it have the same effect as having the bad bypass hooked up?

I took the bike out for a good long ride tonight, and the engine light didn't come on. Maybe the computer finally recognized that the O2 sensor was plugged in.
In any case, the bike drove fairly well with no loss of power or bad idle.
I'm hoping that it stays this way for a while! By the way, thanks for all the advice!
It was all very helpful.

Back