What Do I NEED To Know About?

The difference between the R3 and R3T is that the R3T was detuned to spread the torque out across the power band. As was mentioned above, this can be changed by downloading a different tune into the ECU using a windows computer or android phone and TuneECU. The tune is in the Resources portion of this board. Other differences are the R3T has single vs dual head light, driving lights, and hard bags. Mine also had the engine and bag guards. These bikes are an absolute blast to ride. I came off a 2009 Kawasaki Nomad with the 1700cc motor. This bike gets similar gas mileage yet blows it away on power. It is also fun to talk to people who come up asking what kind of bike it is. There are not many of them around.

(By: PaddyO)
"The difference between the R3 and R3T is that the R3T was detuned to spread the torque out across the power band. As was mentioned above, this can be changed by downloading a different tune into the ECU using a windows computer or android phone and TuneECU. The tune is in the Resources portion of this board. Other differences are the R3T has single vs dual head light, driving lights, and hard bags. Mine also had the engine and bag guards. These bikes are an absolute blast to ride. I came off a 2009 Kawasaki Nomad with the 1700cc motor. This bike gets similar gas mileage yet blows it away on power. It is also fun to talk to people who come up asking what kind of bike it is. There are not many of them around."

To: PaddyO,

Great info to have! Thank you.

Note : the 2010 Roadster should have had a Free Headlamp Relay factory upgrade fitted. 2011 onwards have them stock. But it's worth asking as that is a Triumph dealer.

To: BARBAGRIS,

Thank you for that information!

Last edited:
Afraid Maggie Valley is a no-go for me.
Just too far away requiring too many days away from my bid'ness at a busy time period.
Easy for youse close by - Not so easy to cross the country when considering the time and $$$ necessary for lodging.
Why we have a RAA East and a RAA West, which hasn't kicked off yet. :D
Hold up! I thought we had a race scheduled. :p

Afraid Maggie Valley is a no-go for me.
Just too far away requiring too many days away from my bid'ness at a busy time period.
Easy for youse close by - Not so easy to cross the country when considering the time and $$$ necessary for lodging.
Why we have a RAA East and a RAA West, which hasn't kicked off yet. :D
How about an RAA Midwest? Lol. Unless of course it already costs and I’ve missed it

The touring has a different ecu. Different wiring connections on the ECU, but the engine connectors are the same. I put a 2010 touring engine in my 2007 Standard. I swore it had different cams, but they don't. I guess the timing is different, cam timing, I was told could be off a tooth

Back