Broken bolt in block under throttle body adapter - what now ?

That odd bolt is T3203050, a domed flanged hex head stainless bolt M6x50mm

Sump should drop straight down with only oil falling out. While you're in there it might be a good idea to clean the 2 mesh strainers (no need for new bolts on them going back, just cleaned and medium strength threadlock)

upload_2019-11-13_17-52-51.png

upload_2019-11-13_17-55-28.png

upload_2019-11-13_17-56-31.png

A picture is worth a thousand words they say. These are pure gold. Thanks!!!!
I ordered the 20 M6-28's, the one M6-50, and a gasket from Engle Motors. Got free shipping from them.
I'll clean out those screens, too.
Looks like the used gasket is going to take some scraping. :banghead: Not too surprised, though.

1st u had mention that u had already torqued that bolt so we can assume that it was already stressed so it would have broken even if u were taking it out.
i checked mine and they were loose. so i torqued them to 80 inch pounds (we have a good tool)
9.038 Nm
i think that they would go to 10 Nm but given what u r experiencing i think i will stop at 80 inch pounds.
if u do not have an inch/Nm tool i think u should not mess with it.

The service manual said 12 Nm. But I won't do that again. Got most of them to that, though.
And from now on, I'll check them every oil change.
I'll get me a 1/4" Drive Torque Wrench from Harbor Freight. It has Inch/Lbs. I already have a 1/2 and 3/8 drive from them. The 3/8" didn't like it when I torqued the rear wheel axle and stripped a bit of the ridges inside the head. It stills measures correct, but the drive has to be in just the right place. For $12, not a killer.

I assume the parts might have to come from the UK, unless they happen to have them in stock at their place in Kansas City. Maybe I'll replace the brake fluid that I've been putting off while they are on the way.:D

Just found this thread:
Sump pan

Looks like I'm in good company.
I'm preparing for the worst, but I guess I should just see what is left sticking out of the three stumps before fretting.
Gotta wait for the gasket and bolts to get here, anyway. Might take a week or two.

Good luck with the repair. Broken bolts and studs a few times. From a home mechanic's perspective, this is a great learning opportunity and an easy fix. If I was closer to you, I would offer to come and turn wrenches with you. Do be weary of the extractors from Harbor Freight. I use those and they sometimes work, but you want to be careful you don't break the tip off in the bolt. They are useless that way. Just be careful, have patience, and don't be afraid to walk away a few times when your patience wears thin. Better to take a bit extra time and do it right the first time than to get it all buggered up and then takes a really long time with the second attempt. Screw should come out easily enough though since you were just getting it back into the block. So you know it wasn't seized unless you used lock tight...been there too.

I'll be honest, I'd grab a left handed bit and git er dun.

I do appreciate the finesse that some people use for these things, just never found it necessary.

Yup. First thing I'll do if I can't get a grip on them is get me a spring loaded center punch and a left hand drill bit set. ;)

Back