I need help, I really am starting to hate my new Rocket GT

There seem to be many perspectives and opinions on what the new R3 offers - or should offer - in terms of comfort. I think Triumph said they aimed for a roadster more than anything else, so touring comfort was probably never a priority.

Even so, it puzzles me why Triumph haven't made a real effort when it comes to accessories. While the new R3 attracts riders for its motor, looks & handling, many of them still require better weather protection. So Triumph would make a profit by offering e.g. some bigger windshields, fork deflectors and a rear mudguard. And they would get happier customers. Shouldn't be that hard to accomplish.
Triumph seem to have reduced the amount of official accessories per bike fairly drastically in recent years. I remember when I bought the Bobber back in 2017, the number of accessories available was fairly extensive for that and most of the other bikes in their range.

Nowadays, there's not that much.

One can only wonder why. Most customers who need panniers on their Rocket buy the OEM ones, even if they are somewhat subpar. Likewise most would buy an OEM windshield or mudguard if they were available. So from a selling point it would be profitable I'm sure.

when i picked up my GT i didn't like the stock seat, couldn't get comfortable, switched out to the sport seat and that was much better, I had the rear seat pack installed on the bike, so i attached a small Air Hawk inflatable seat pad to it, inflated it and set it up on the seat pack as a back rest, and it moved me a little more forward in the seat, and i brought the handle bars down more to me, and now the bike fits great. A friend and I took a week and a half, left Toronto, went up to Timmins, took the long way so it was a 9-hour drive, spent the week driving all over the place, and then back home, never had a problem. I found the newer designed 25L bags to be much better than the first iteration (though there is still room for improvement) and everything stayed dry in the rain, it took awhile to get the bike to where it was comfortable for long distance, and it has now pretty much become my go to bike for everything, even my kids love it, they don't get to ride it, but i since i never use the Harley anymore they have pretty much assumed control over that one. How many kids get a CVO Harley to play with, and since i low sided the touring about a month and a half ago and haven't figured out what i'm doing with that yet, the GT fills the void nicely, although a better windshield option (broke two powerbronze windshields, and their response was essentially, Sucks to be you), and hand guards to block the wind on the top of your hands in fall, winter, and spring, the heated grips are great

Back