I need an Upgrade on an 07

glad to know Triumph has once again stood behind their product,
that and you got a good dealer.
I think the reason Triumph quit for awhile doing it,
was because everybody with an old Rocket wanted the "upgrade" all at once,
and whether they had the problem or not.
Since the rush is over, and it won't bankrupt the company now,
they've went back to being the standup company they were.
JM2CW,
skip

I was never treated like Triumph is a stand up company...and that goes for a few others here too.

I'm glad to hear some are taken care of but it's still scandalous that they left me hanging on a bike with less than 2000 miles that was less than a year outside warranty, regardless of their reasoning at the time. Yes, it was outside warranty...just like a lot of others that were treated more fairly.

I'll never be convinced otherwise and will always warn others.

I have D&D here in Pensacola, here in NW Fl. La., Ms., Ga., They are THE Triumph dealership in the S.E. US. England, calls Dink about how to. We had our dinner meeting this evening and they are very busy. Glad you got it resolved. They did my upgrade. Shifter detent spring broke and will be replaced when I get it in for the 50000 service.

Having similar problem/need svc in South Jersey

Towed home tonight on a flatbed. I was Riding down highway when it sounded like a bucket of bolts let loose inside the engine. Coasted of the highway with clutch in. Shut my bike off, put it in neutral, fired it up again, eased out the clutch while in neutral and the transmission was still in gear. Tried to roll forward and back in neutral and wheels would roll a couple inches then lock up. Thinking I'm looking at a HUGE repair bill. Does this failure sound familiar to anyone? I'm in need of a good repair shop in Southern New Jersey. Any recommendations?​

Towed home tonight on a flatbed. I was Riding down highway when it sounded like a bucket of bolts let loose inside the engine. Coasted of the highway with clutch in. Shut my bike off, put it in neutral, fired it up again, eased out the clutch while in neutral and the transmission was still in gear. Tried to roll forward and back in neutral and wheels would roll a couple inches then lock up. Thinking I'm looking at a HUGE repair bill. Does this failure sound familiar to anyone? I'm in need of a good repair shop in Southern New Jersey. Any recommendations?​

Sorry to hear Phil doesn't sound good.. hope there isn't too much damage in there..
Maybe an idea to follow up on ColdCashInc's leads.. good luck.

Phil, sorry for your troubles. More bad news, there are no "good" Triumph Dealers in our vicinity. I can tell you from personal experience NOT to go to Manayunk. I had to have a second, competent service tech re-do the entire update kit at my expense only 40 miles after they did the original update work. They also charged me full service hours for all the updates and many were not even performed.....I have the documentation from the original parts list showing what they did not do and the follow-up from the second dealer when they actually did the work.

The first update kit cost over $600 (only charged 1/2 total labor) out of pocket and the second one listed out around $3k....bike was out of commission for almost 1/2 year total.

The only other local shop at the time had never split the case on a Rocket 3 and I didn't want to pay for their learning curve after the first unsatisfactory experience.

If you PM me, I'll give you my details (if you're interested) and where I ended up going.

Back