I need an Upgrade on an 07

ColdCashInc

Standard Bore
Anyone know of a dealership in the Southeast USA that will do the Trans/Motor upgrade under good will? I 8,600 on the clock and it's falling out of third, the neutral Light comes on when it wants to, Second, Third, and even sometimes in neutral of all things. I'm in eastern NC and have talked with Ray Price Harley Triumph and they aren't all that helpful....
Any guidance will be appreciated.... I really don't want to come out of pocket
Thanks,
Enjoy your ride

At one time they were doing them left and right. Not so much now. I would call Baxter Cycles in Marne, IA. They did several and mine was done 18 months outside of the warranty and they also took care of headgasket leak and replaced output shaft.

Triumph comes thru.....

Yesterday I took my Rocket to hotrods, until a few months ago they were Steeldreams, and had a Triumph Dealership. A friend of a friend is their Triumph Certified Mechanic, Mike Humphery, anyway he rode my bike and looked up the vin. then concluded that it did need the upgrade and qualified, but that since they gave up their Triumph franchise they couldn't do the work.
I called Ray Price in Raleigh and he said they don't do the upgrade under Warrenty or Good Will.

Well looking thru these and other blogs, I called D & D Cycle in Pensacola, FL. and talked with one of the owners, Julie, I explained my problem and she took it on herself to call Triumph and arrange for my upgrade kit to be done under Good Will and that Ray Price Harley Triumph in Raleigh, NC will do the work... Kuto's to both Triumph for stepping up, and D & D Cycle for taking the time to bring it hook me up.....

I didn't have any luck with mine and it only had 1900 miles on it at the time....and not all dealers are created equal if you pay for it out of pocket.

Good luck...and welcome to the "Triumph warranty hates you" club

I am confused, 2007 bike current year 2012 12-7 =5 Triumph gives a two year warranty so by my simple arithmetic the bike is three years out of warranty so where is the Triumph warranty hates you club:confused::confused::confused::confused:
The low mileage on the bike only means one thing it has not been used to often, Triumph gives an unlimited mileage warranty be it 7000 miles or 70000 miles.:D

I am confused, 2007 bike current year 2012 12-7 =5 Triumph gives a two year warranty so by my simple arithmetic the bike is three years out of warranty so where is the Triumph warranty hates you club:confused::confused::confused::confused:
The low mileage on the bike only means one thing it has not been used to often, Triumph gives an unlimited mileage warranty be it 7000 miles or 70000 miles.:D

Alive and well in my garage right now...very inconsistent to say the least. Maybe they have some new blood in the main office...who knows.

I wish the OP well and am looking forward to hearing just how well he actually makes out...and what is actually comp-ed vs. owner's out of pocket.

I'm glad it's working out for ya. I was going to suggest D&D Import Cycles in Norfolk VA. Brian the owner is a great guy and Jerry his service manager is top notch.

Upgrade Underway...

Took the bike up to Ray Price Triumph this morning for the upgrade, They said I'd have it back by the 4th, Outstanding! It looks like they are going to do the job under good will...
Have to wait till I pick up the bike to see what really happens, but confidence is high!

Scot. Thanks for the correction, I didn't take notes, Julie was a great deal of help getting the upgrade underway... I bought the bike last April 2011, it had 840 miles on it then.....
when I dropped it off this morning it had 8,697, I'm a little confused how someone could have a 4 year old bike with only 840 on it, But he wanted $8,800.00 Yeah, That's right I wasn't asking to many questions, I just gave him the cash and rode home. I picked it up from Hernando, MS.

Jrhorton, I am well aware that the bike is way out of warranty, but there is an issue with anything before, Serial number 337294, that's the last 6 digits of the number.

Back