I dont understand - TTS supercharger Rocket 3R vs Hayabusa TTS supercharger

I didn't realize the price difference was so big between them, but sure enough $4800 gap; really is almost the price of the setup.

Forced Induction busas have no 2 wheel speed peer, never have, not news lol.

Rocket 3s have no peer with the same/similar riding position.

As for the original post, didn't seem like a complaint, but instead an inquiry as to why the R3 doesn't see the gains the Hayabusa does.

Simple answer is RPM, sure one could talk about cam specs, pumping losses, parasitic losses of heavier components, shaft drives, chamber shapes, head flow, 4 vs 3 cylinders, piston design, rod ratio, etc but in the end it all boils down to RPM.

Even simpler answer:
Horsepower = Torque x RPM / 5,252

It could be easily argued that the Rocket has a much larger gain than the Busa:
268lbft/144lbft = ~86% gain
190lbft/110lbft = ~72% gain

Last edited:
The Rocket is a low stress, low RPM engine. H2 is a high stress, high RPM engine. That's not even factoring in the additional weight of the Rocket. You'll likely beat them off the line, but past ~100 MPH, they're going to out pull you due to higher HP and lower weight. Then there's aerodynamics, which they have fairings made to reduce drag were as the Rocket is essentially a fat naked cruiser with a lot more drag, you'll have more drag on your body due to the lack of fairing deflecting air around you, etc.

Last edited:
Giving you a little insight. Whereas the single most expensive item in our supercharger kits is the supercharger itself. The difference in material costs between Busa and R3 is colossal. Billet cost for the R3 is £1200 + 50 hours machine time. Busa £200 and 6 hours machine time. Even at the £6300 there is no money in it. Knowledgeable forum members know this. Future R3 kits will be £7700. and you will still need cams and pistons to run 300whp. The Busa has always lent itself to tuning. The Rocket needs work. I could easily push over 400whp on the Rocket but reliability would suffer big time.

And a 360 hp Busa would even kick a 400 hp R3's 4ss due to the Busa's better power-to-weight ratio.

TTS Busa hp/kg = 360 hp / 264 kg = 1.3636. The 350 kg TTS R3 would need 1.3636 x 350 = 477 hp to achieve the same power-to-weight ratio.

Last edited:
Giving you a little insight. Whereas the single most expensive item in our supercharger kits is the supercharger itself. The difference in material costs between Busa and R3 is colossal. Billet cost for the R3 is £1200 + 50 hours machine time. Busa £200 and 6 hours machine time. Even at the £6300 there is no money in it. Knowledgeable forum members know this. Future R3 kits will be £7700. and you will still need cams and pistons to run 300whp. The Busa has always lent itself to tuning. The Rocket needs work. I could easily push over 400whp on the Rocket but reliability would suffer big time.
thanks for break down,
can you please tell me if there is any stage1 charger for new rocket i can buy which boosts hp? or we all have to stick to Penner tune until you release future R3 kits.

Back