I don't like it, but I think I need it

It is a big bike, also making it a bigger sail. Any crosswind does effect these things. I saw where you talked about lowering the rear, but I was wondering if you plan on putting an aerodynamic shield around it. Like Anthony Hopkins movie, The Fastest Indian. You are living a dream for alot of us. Thank You

". . . world-record-setting speed of 174.276mph (280.470kph) for the flying mile and 174.880mph (281.443kph) for the flying kilometer."

@Idaho Red Rocket 3 Bill,
Given that a kilometer is just .62 of a mile, how the heck was his speed faster in the Kilometer than in the mile???

It is mounted but there are one step forward two steps back events taking place. I'll put up pics when complete. It fits well and is just right sized.

It is a big bike, also making it a bigger sail. Any crosswind does effect these things. I saw where you talked about lowering the rear, but I was wondering if you plan on putting an aerodynamic shield around it. Like Anthony Hopkins movie, The Fastest Indian. You are living a dream for alot of us. Thank You

I won't be doing any further aero modification. I know I could smash 200mph if I went full out to the limits of the rules on aero for MPS-AG class, however, I want it to be as close as I can make it to how I ride on the street.

The whole bike will get lowered, about 2" up front and 3" in the rear from where it is now, bringing the axles level with tire size and then dropping the bike as much as is practical.

Will I go back for a Max effort MPS run in the future, maybe, but, for now I do not want to try to tackle aerodynamic stability on my first trip to the salt.

I've located the original source for the fairing, it's out of Germany. 349 Euro including VAT plus shipping.

motoplast-gregori Metall u. Kunststoffbau Sonderanfertigung Motorradverkleidung Zubehör von motoplast Motorradverkleidung Kunststoff Reparatur

350 Euro unpainted, but, includes all the fitting hardware. The mounts on the bottom use the stock horn cover locations, on top, you use the two forward bar clamping points, replacing the two forward stock bolts with 40mm long ones.

It's incredibly sturdy, and stable. How it functions regarding creating a pocket, I'll have to wait to give feedback. It uses a standard MRA manufactured screen so the replacements are easy to source.

Fitment is quite involved, it pretty much requires adjusting everything, but, there's plenty of room for a gloved hand to get to the stock key location. The alignment of the headlight openings to the headlights it's very good, not perfect, but the gaps are small and with some effort can be made even around them.

I actually like how it looks, particularly with the halos I have in my headlights.

Back