I don't like it, but I think I need it

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
As some of you may know already I'm going to be attempting a land speed record in the near future hopefully in summer of 2019. Part of that effort is going to involve a little bit of airodynamics.

The first piece of those efforts will be this fairing. If I choose to go further and adapt full side cover fairings is still up in the air.

I've never been a huge fan of how bikini or small fairings look on otherwise naked bikes, however it would seem the current upper limit for the R3 without a fairing is right around 175 miles an hour, and I want to go a lot faster than that.

The setup arrived today from Singapore, built in Germany, and has a very robust mounting system with 4 anchor points and is made of multilayer fiberglass, so shouldn't have any issues with air pressure (might need to get a shorter screen though).

Will get it fitted over the holidays, we'll see how effective it is if/when we get a freak warm day this winter!
20181208_171723.jpg
20181208_171706.jpg

Confused.....
Top pic looks like a standard fairing, bottom looks like a piece designed to minimize wind effects (and darn good looking as well).
What do the 2 pics represent?
And where did you find the bottom unit?

It's front and back of the same item.

Found on facebook via a seller in Singapore (I do believe he's a member here). It was made in Germany, I'll see what I can find out about getting new ones. The screen is made by MRA, but the actual fairing, I'll have to check closely on the business card embedded (its a bit hard to read).

Holy cow, I see it now. I swear the top pic looks like a fairing with a bra. Couldn’t see it in 3D, didn’t realize I’m looking at the backside.
Apologies, my brain is fried from hanging freaking Christmas lights today....

Think I'll be doing the initial tomorrow. It's going to require a lot of adjustment to the front cables/wires/etc to get it to sit right.

Back