I did it! I Joined the 2.5L Club

Jay

E pluribus unum
Ride
2023 Rocket 3 GT (Ego), 2021 Zero SR/S (Earth)
Sold my 2013 touring two weeks ago and had been on the hunt for a 2022 rocket three GT triple black edition. Happened to see on the Internet last night that triumph was offering some really good finance options and also saw that my local dealer had a 2023 black in stock so I made the faithful decision to stop in and talk to them today. I liked the bike and made a low, but what I felt was a reasonable offer and they countered of course. But then we talked through it and they accepted my offer. Unfortunately I went in a car that I can’t tow with so I have to wait till tomorrow to pick the beast up and ride home.

Sold my 2013 touring two weeks ago and had been on the hunt for a 2022 rocket three GT triple black edition. Happened to see on the Internet last night that triumph was offering some really good finance options and also saw that my local dealer had a 2023 black in stock so I made the faithful decision to stop in and talk to them today. I liked the bike and made a low, but what I felt was a reasonable offer and they countered of course. But then we talked through it and they accepted my offer. Unfortunately I went in a car that I can’t tow with so I have to wait till tomorrow to pick the beast up and ride home.
Nice, you and me both this week. I believe there is a one Rocket per county rule though so as long as you're not in Calaveras we should be fine and dandy!:cool:
Where in CA are you?

Nice, you and me both this week. I believe there is a one Rocket per county rule though so as long as you're not in Calaveras we should be fine and dandy!:cool:
Where in CA are you?
I’m in LA county just west of Long Beach. Great place to be, though still takes me an hour to get to good riding in all directions.

I’m in LA county just west of Long Beach. Great place to be, though still takes me an hour to get to good riding in all directions.
When I lived in Tujunga it was great having the mountains practically in my back yard, it took me about 3min to the twisties. Now I'm in Angels Camp surrounded by great riding roads though the tourists tend to clog things up, definitely not the same as Tujunga Canyon, Angeles Crest or the other roads down there.

Road it home today the 76 miles from San Bernardino. Beat the rain fortunately. Now there are exactly 80 miles. The dealer said they did a full check over the bike yesterday and showed me the checklist, but when I installed the FOBO sensors both the front and rear each were 10lbs under pressure. Either their pump was miscalibrated or they didn't do the check. Bike looked perfect though. They got the tires pumped up though and away I went. Such a thrill to ride, though I was on freeway to get home ahead of the weather. Will plan a proper ride next week after adjusting the foot rests and suspension along with a secondary check on the brakes and fluid levels. Planning all the farkling this week too. Need that Lamonster mount for my phone and possibly the enlarged rack so my dog carrier will have good support.

@Kevin frazier will have to wait a bit for my next post with pictures though 🤣. On the wrong computer.

Road it home today the 76 miles from San Bernardino. Beat the rain fortunately. Now there are exactly 80 miles. The dealer said they did a full check over the bike yesterday and showed me the checklist, but when I installed the FOBO sensors both the front and rear each were 10lbs under pressure. Either their pump was miscalibrated or they didn't do the check. Bike looked perfect though. They got the tires pumped up though and away I went. Such a thrill to ride, though I was on freeway to get home ahead of the weather. Will plan a proper ride next week after adjusting the foot rests and suspension along with a secondary check on the brakes and fluid levels. Planning all the farkling this week too. Need that Lamonster mount for my phone and possibly the enlarged rack so my dog carrier will have good support.

@Kevin frazier will have to wait a bit for my next post with pictures though 🤣. On the wrong computer.
Mine were at 38psi front and 40psi rear and since it was a nice day I went for a ride so I'm at 148mi now. My 600mi service will come up quickly. Btw I know that dogs love riding motorcycles, this video is from around 2012.

Back