I did it! I Joined the 2.5L Club

Ok, pictures are proof. Showing my two extremes with the Rocket and my Zero EV motorcycles. I commute on the Zero and surprisingly the ride experience is similar in power and torque. The Zero is so smooth and quiet I enjoy it very much. But my last rocket and this next gen are my long distance touring rigs. Looking forward to this next riding season.

IMG_2630.jpeg

IMG_2632.jpeg

IMG_2631.jpeg

Congrats Jay! Feels so nimble compared to the 2.3s (which I also loved) doesn't it. Sounds like you know what you want for your phone mount, but if not here's a thread on that. I have the Quad Lock and highly recommend it (my comments and setup below). Enjoy your new ride!

Congrats Jay! Feels so nimble compared to the 2.3s (which I also loved) doesn't it. Sounds like you know what you want for your phone mount, but if not here's a thread on that. I have the Quad Lock and highly recommend it (my comments and setup below). Enjoy your new ride!

Yes, the bike feels so much smaller than my R3T did and I felt that was a nimble bike.

Thanks for the tip on the phone mount. The QuadLock is like my Franks Red Hot, I put that S—— on everything. Vib and power adapter on my motorcycles and mounts on the bicycles. Working on the Lamonster mount to keep it centered.

Ok, pictures are proof. Showing my two extremes with the Rocket and my Zero EV motorcycles. I commute on the Zero and surprisingly the ride experience is similar in power and torque. The Zero is so smooth and quiet I enjoy it very much. But my last rocket and this next gen are my long distance touring rigs. Looking forward to this next riding season.

IMG_2630.jpeg

IMG_2632.jpeg

IMG_2631.jpeg
Congrats on a wonderful machine that will keep putting a smile on your face.
once you've sort out the throttle map on the rocket the EV will suddenly feel less powerful...

best wishes

Congrats on a wonderful machine that will keep putting a smile on your face.
once you've sort out the throttle map on the rocket the EV will suddenly feel less powerful...

best wishes
Fortunately I didn’t buy the Zero to win any awards. It is nimble and light in a manageable package for my commute. I found with my R3 touring that as much as I enjoyed it and dialed it to me, it just was no fun riding in daily traffic. I was looking at a Triumph Trident to be a commuter, but that felt too weak for regular switching from the Rocket. The performance of the EV gives me just enough satisfaction so I’m not left constantly wanting during my daily 40 mile commute. Noting compares with the Rocket, but the instant torque of the EV is a close second for me.

Back