How do i adjust the fuel light on an 05?

We were going to come see you yesterday sonny. But the black rocket lost the race and needed more work. Yes the red rocket is faster. I still am not telling if the fat guy or skinny guy was on the black or red rocket. But I will tell you the red rocket left the black rocket feeling like a Harley Davidson :eek::D:roll::p
That drag race did look like a garley vs rocket:D

OK well they would probably muck it up again anyway. So your float rod is probably bent as mine was you need to bend it down so the float is more in the fuel which will make it float up sending higher fuel level signal if you had a fuel gauge it would be off because of this also. Anyway the yeller arrow below is pointing to the float rod and I circled the float.

Float rod.jpg
Hi sir
Is this pic before or after correcting it to the place it should be? :)

Can this rod "adjustment" be done with the tank in place through the filler opening? Seems like a pain but so does emptying the tank, removal and pulling assembly out. Hell I screwed it up putting it all back together after changing my fuel filter a few weeks ago.

The manual calls for replacing the fuel lines every two years. Does that include only the submerged lines? Mine are almost 60K miles and so is the filter.

Can this rod "adjustment" be done with the tank in place through the filler opening? Seems like a pain but so does emptying the tank, removal and pulling assembly out. Hell I screwed it up putting it all back together after changing my fuel filter a few weeks ago.
I looked into doing that, and could not figure out a way to do it through the filler hole. What I did do was loop a piece of string around the float and pulled the ends through the filler hole. Then I installed the assembly back in the tank with a couple of nuts tightened until it just started to compress the gasket. Then I could test to make sure it read empty when down, and full when I pulled it up to where I figured the full fuel level was. If off, you only have to take off two nuts and no gas ! Once I got it where it looked right I let go of one string and let it pull through. Put the remaining nuts back on and torque, and your done. Mine works better now than when I bought it.

The manual calls for replacing the fuel lines every two years. Does that include only the submerged lines? Mine are almost 60K miles and so is the filter.
Mine looked fine at 80,000 miles. I changed the submerged hoses and filter cause I figured it was time. That immursible hose isn't real easy to find. Call before you go !

Look here

Back