How do i adjust the fuel light on an 05?

mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
Both rockets have the same problem, the red one comes on around 90 miles from full and the black one around 98, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!:)

You can take the fuel pump and filter assembly out of the tank, and bend the level sensor float bar downwards

I've a notion there was a sticky on it somewhere

The newer sending unit that comes in the update kit fits in the tank easier. You just have to hold you face straight Lupe. I have heard of a few adjusting (bend) the float rod thru the fill neck although it is not easy.

Both rockets have the same problem, the red one comes on around 90 miles from full and the black one around 98, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!:)

That's kind of strange to have two of them doing the same thing. How much fuel will it take to fill it up if you hit a gas station as soon as the light comes on? My light comes on at about 135 from full but there is only a gallon left in the tank at that point.

I got down to about a gallon and a half and the display reckoned I had 85 miles left, I did not get a low fuel warning, but the gauge was hovering around a quarter tank. I don't know where the low fuel warning OUGHT to come on, but 135 miles seems inordinately pessimistic.

That's kind of strange to have two of them doing the same thing. How much fuel will it take to fill it up if you hit a gas station as soon as the light comes on? My light comes on at about 135 from full but there is only a gallon left in the tank at that point.
The dealer here in town knows about Rockets as much as i know about quantum physics , they may had something to do with it when they replaced the fuel filters:(

The dealer here in town knows about Rockets as much as i know about quantum physics , they may had something to do with it when they replaced the fuel filters:(
Yep same thing happened to mine at the dealers road a couple mile and it said I need fuel. Figured yep the tank was empty because they changed the filter. Did not even get a gallon into it turned around and right back to the dealer so they could unbend there puck up :) You paid them make them fix it.

Yep same thing happened to mine at the dealers road a couple mile and it said I need fuel. Figured yep the tank was empty because they changed the filter. Did not even get a gallon into it turned around and right back to the dealer so they could unbend there puck up :) You paid them make them fix it.
That dealer no longer exists, same dealer that almost got me killed on my way to Montrose, remember?

OK well they would probably muck it up again anyway. So your float rod is probably bent as mine was you need to bend it down so the float is more in the fuel which will make it float up sending higher fuel level signal if you had a fuel gauge it would be off because of this also. Anyway the yeller arrow below is pointing to the float rod and I circled the float.

Float rod.jpg

Back