Pig9r

Living Legend
Thought it was spam didn't you.

The horn on my truck went out so I thought I would buy something a little different. So after some shopping around I found this.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200326940_200326940

Pretty easy to hook up, no relays needed, and it is small and loud. I think I might get one for the Rocket and hide it under a side cover. Anyone fit anything similar or install some aftermarket honkers?

i fitted one p9.. under left side cover.. that's where i discovered the equavalent of an electronic charcol canister.. frign ca. emissions.. it was zip tied in place and said honda on it.. moved to old airbox.. final home by starter when exhaust is done.
horn by the way is nice and loud..

Hey Pig9r, I plan on mounting my Nautilas Airhorn soon. I made brackets to "hang" it from the right side dresser bar. The body of the horn will be behind the radiator but the "trumpets" will be just outside the radiator aiming forward to get the attention of those pesky "non-alert" drivers. I'll try to post pics soon, that is, if it all comes together as planned. I know it (the horn) cannot remain out on the dresser bar unprotected so I have to create a guard which will keep the weather (rain & other moisture) from getting directly on it. The guard (I hope) will be removable so the presentation of the horn is not cluttered on nice days of riding. Thinking about a velcro applied vinyl wrap which could be kept in the "airbox storage" compartment & taken out and applied when weather is bad.

My Nautilas looks just like the photo you posted but without the colorful "Bad Boy" sticker. It doesn't have the chrome "WOLO" cover either, just the standard plastic one with "Nautilas" embossing. Casting is the same.

See ya.

Last edited:
Well, after lots of choice words (and some "not so choice" ones), the airhorn is fitted to the right side dresser bar, with the main body nested behind the radiator and the flutes projecting their startling sound straight forward, as planned. I am pleased with the outcome & will post some photos. I really should have taken the pics during the procedure so I could be a little more informative about the task. But, I might be able to explain the installation if anyone should wish to mount the horn as I did. Of course, there must be endless options and ideas. Anyway, after a couple of trips to the local automotive store, the project took about 3 1/2 to 4 hours to complete. There was a significant amount of work before hand so I have not counted that in, just the time to put the mounting brackets, wiring & inlet hose on the bike.

I'll try to get photos tomorrow. I stated that I purchased mine thru Stebel and it is the Nautilus model. I honestly believe it is the same horn as is pictured by Pig9r. But there is a difference which may keep most of you on track for the Bad Boy, mine does require a relay, which is supplied with the horn.

See ya.

I looked at Brian's horn and then Googled the name Wolo and came up with their website www.wolo-mfg.com They list a bunch of different horns on their website as well as some other neat (though not motorcycle related) goodies. The Bad Boy horn is there as well as train horns and compressors. Seems as though they have an "online buy feature" so you can purchase directly from them.

Train horns on a Rocket....sounds neat.:D

The package mine came in said it was made in Italy. I saw on Strebil's website that they are in Italy. Must be same product.

Rusty, how did you use the relay? When I hooked it up on my truck I just crimped some spade connectors to the wires from the old horn connection and connected it on the bottom of the new one. I was planning on doing the same with the Rocket, with the exception of adding a jumper to reach from the front of the bike to under the side cover.

I could of used it today, I got cut off a couple of times, one time really close call. I can tell the soccer moms aren't used to seeing motorcycles out and about this time of year.

Honk if you are horny....

Just because the website is Wolo-mfg, that don't mean they manufacture any product. In all actuality, they probably get their items in overseas containers, uload the containers and the maybe package the items and sell 'em. After all, isn't that the "American Way":(

Notwithstanding, it's a nice horn, compact and well designed. Besides, a horn from Italy would have to be good I presume. Everything I've read or seen depicts Itallian drivers as maniacs and constantly blowing their loud horns.

Maybe Italy is the "Horny" country.:D

Hey Pig9r, I disconnected the original horn connectors and plugged them right on the relay as instructed (the 2 spades opposite each other and parallel). I'm supprised as to how much length they (Triumph) provided on the horn wires which allows for the relay to locate almost anywhere under the tank area. I ran the hot wire from the positive battery post (thru the inline fuse) to the "odd" spade on the relay (brass in color and perpendicular to the others). Ran another hot wire from the last spade of the relay to the positive spade of the horn. Ran the last ground wire from the negative spade of the horn to a frame ground. Quite simple now that I look back, but when I was in the middle of it, I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. Even the wire routing along the frame (under the tank & to the horn location) turned out quite well.

One thing I feared was the disconnecting of the positive cable from the battery. Not knowing if anything required constant connection, but then I thought, if the battery ever needed changing, the same senerio would happen. Only thing I noticed from disconnecting the hot wire to the battery was my odometer trip numbers reset to "0". Now tell me, how does the standard odometer keep it's setting? And if you removed the battery for winter storage, how long would it keep the milage? I guess that's the amazing thing about electronics, they do mysterious things.

I also purchase some clear flexible tubing to put on the air intake nipple of the horn and ran it up the frame, under the tank so the horn does not "suck" in any moisture if it's raining. Recommended by the manufacturer.

This little horn packs a punch when it's allowed to do it's thing. Wow, a real attention getter!

See ya.

Last edited:
Back