That WOLO horn would be exactly like the Stebel Nautilus I just got if it weren't for the 15+ dB lesser output of the Wolo and of course the name change and ugly big boy sticker.

I'm unsure where it'll be mounted. Someone mounted inside the left side cover. If it weren't for the muffling of the output under the cover there'd be no hessitation on my part to follow this same means of mounting the new horn. Has anyone mounted under the left side cover and obtained a dB reading. I'm also considering low and left of the water pump.

Last edited:
If the Wolo has 15 decibels less noise than the other horn and anyone can tell the difference they have a good ear. Honestly, I don't believe you could differentiate between the two.

Comparing the stock horn to the air horn is like comparing the bleet of a lamb to the sound of a firecracker.

Which brings up a question :D:

Why do most motorcycle horns just suck? I don't believe that I've ever had a bike where the horn didn't sound like geese farts on a muggy day (Who said that originally?). I have had a lot of bikes from a lot of different manufactureres. its become a joke... hasn't it?

I have a horn on my Road King that is called a Mini Beast I believe it is about 130 db and it sounds like a Mack truck when you hit it. I dont know if there is a way to mount it to a Rocket or not but if there is a way I will do it. It is a little boxy but it works great.

Freak

Horns

The horn on my Gold Wing needed no modification, it was loud and proud right out of the box. The cages really take notice when you hit it. When I get my Rocket I'll probably go the route of mounting the two Fiamm horns just underneath the current horn. On one of the sites a guy did a pretty good job of pictures and explaining it.
Dennis

Which brings up a question :D:

Why do most motorcycle horns just suck? I don't believe that I've ever had a bike where the horn didn't sound like geese farts on a muggy day (Who said that originally?). I have had a lot of bikes from a lot of different manufactureres. its become a joke... hasn't it?

Tomo:

The horn on my Western Star truck is about as loud as the R3's stock horn. I'm referring to the electric, under the hood one, not the Hadley twin roof mount air ones. You aren't supposed to use the air horns in urban areas, just the electric one. I always use the electric one for nudging little old grey hairs away from the stoplight after it's green for 15 seconds or so. I fear the air horns will give them a coronary.:D

I've never tried a Gold Wing horn. Will have to do that. Couple of Wingers at work so I can push a few horn buttons. Come to think of it, every bike I've owned, Harley included have had duck fart horns. Harley's don't need no horn. The unmuffled potato sound gets everyone's attention.

My K1200LT had the best horn of the 8 bikes (including 4 wings) I've had It was a horn you could be proud of, unfortunatly its last ride didn't offer enough time to get on the switch. The arse in the cage would have pulled in front of a semi I think.

Back