Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody tell me where the desert region of the uk is , I want to live there.

I am about the same as gR3Wolf.. I am a 70,000 miles and wondering of I will need to change the water pump and timing chain as a precaution.. I runs well so far!

Wondering what kind of high mileage some of the Rockets have achieved and what if anything had to be replaced other than tires and brake pads.

Just stumbled across this thread. It's been three years since @LAS VEGAS DAVE started it.
Sure are some hard core riders on here. I've had the Rocket for just about two years and have put 4500 miles on it. I don't think I have ever done over 200 miles in a day, yet.
I love to take it down Main Street and back up Highway 6 on home. A lot of times I'll do the loop a couple of times. And I like going fast on the straights.

Back in the day (@1980) my buddy and I took our Honda 750's to Mexico and back. After that ride I swore I'd never get a bike with spokes and a chain drive again (for cruising).

I hope I can still be riding at 74. 9 years to go for that. And I'm sure the bike will outlast me. Still keeping the Kawasaki around for the time I can't keep the rocket upright.

So how is everybody doing now? (the ones we don't hear much of anyway).

Last edited:
Let me know if anyone needs a BEAKE PAD!
:eek: :rolleyes: :roll: :p

I hit 90,000 miles this October.
I just replaced the Primary TPS and the low speed surging is gone.
I've owned the bike since January 2010 (bought with 6500 miles on it).
Aside from a lot of tires and brake pads, I've had to have a new head gasket (warranty) and a detent spring (did it myself).
Still on the original clutch but I replaced all the lifter/cable parts.
Rocket Scientist helped with valve shims (Thanks again Fred!)
It's been a great bike and with all the help from people on this forum, I expect that I can keep it running way past 100,000 miles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back