Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2005 Rocket has a mileage of some 156.000 (250.000 km) right now. Due to bad compression (cylinder head gasket) it got totally revised last winter with 10:5 JE pistons and new cams from Neville. Got new clutch discs at 100.000 km, new gearbox (update kit from Triumph) and new alternator 2 years ago. New detent spring this summer. Runs great.
Regards, Georg

Wondering what kind of high mileage some of the Rockets have achieved and what if anything had to be replaced other than tires and brake pads.

there was a red one with the old silver motor quit a few year back done 300000km and the only money spent was servers and Tyers and was heading to the top end of OZ

There is a 2010 roadster in Tassie that I have seen, that had 476,000 kms on it all he has done is 2 sets of clutches just plates and a timing chain and guides he just changed the chain to be safe when he did the guides and that was a while ago.
He is a long ride nutter 36,000 kms in 28 days just for the hell of it, he told me that anything under a 1000 kms in one day wasn't considered a ride for him. When I spoke to him he was trying to get 1000000 kms out of it just to see if he could, he does nothing but ride and is 65 years old.

what a legend.
Every one needs a gole

My old rocket had 120000 km on it and the only thing that did go was the uni joint on the drive shaft .
I just done 7300 in 5 days over a year ago and was on averaging around 160-170km all day
The only other problem was my folt by throwing her down the road after 13 years

I got another rocket 2 weeks later
This time only put street cams in ,exhaust and tune & ram air filter.
Trying to get better fuel mileage.
I miss the HP form the old bike tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back